❤︎ 𝟬𝟰. . . 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘃𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀

Start from the beginning

a voice yelling 'food' snapped him out of his thoughts. isaac stood up and gently shook stas awake.

she rubbed her eyes and adjusted to the light. "why the fuck did you wake me up?"

"food's ready and you barely ate yesterday. c'mon." he said.

"i'll eat later, i'm too tired."

isaac sighed before taking his arm and scooping the girl up by her waist, now planting her on the floor and as he was about to unhook his arm, he felt her's lazily wrap around his neck and her burying her head into his shoulder.

"i am begging you to let me sleep." she spoke, her voice muffled against his shoulder.

as much as he wanted to give in just because she asked, he decided not to since she needed to eat. "i will not hesitate to drag you."

"then drag me and i will still be asleep." she mumbled, dead serious.

isaac untangled from the girl's touch and now instead held her hand and walked towards the stairs, literally dragging her behind him. he pulled her down the stairs and the pair made their way towards the table to find everybody sitting there.

"did you just wake up?" jordan asked.

"i will punch you." anastasia threatened.

"okay!" katherine clapped her hands together before she passed jackie a plate of pasta and meatballs.

as the new member of the house took the plate with one hand, she grabbed something with the other which just happened to be rumple the snake. she screamed in realization, absolutely shocked while the pasta poured down her shirt.

"rumple!" jordan shrieked, moving forward to grab his snake.

george went over to help jackie but she just stood up and walked off, shouting about how she was fine when katherine asked if she needed help.

cole, lee and isaac were laughing, nathan, danny,
alex, and ana shared worried expressions, and parker and benny sat there in shock but with amusement still present on their faces.

"you guys stop." the red haired woman started but didn't get her wish. "stop. stop it!" she exclaimed. this time everyone stopped laughing and talking and just looked to her. "please! look, i know it's a bit of an adjustment to have a knew person in the house but. . . jackie has been through more than any of us can imagine so i just need you all to understand that."

at her last sentence, anastasia let out a very silent sigh, not purposefully. she looked down to her food for a few moments before remembering that it was jackie's first time losing her family as well and just because stasia lost her parents in a completely and totally different way didn't mean that the former wasn't going through a lot and she couldn't blame her for somebody else's choice of words. even if she did feel upset about said wording, she knew that katherine meant the majority of the kids and anastasia had also lost her parents at a young age so she knew she went through that a long time ago.

"i'll go check on her." stas said, getting up and jogging up the stairs. she was no longer cranky as she always was when she woke up and now worried about the poor girl upstairs.

she knocked on the door waiting for the common 'come in' before entering.

"jackie, i didn't know that was going to happen. i'm so sorry, i should've spent more time looking for rumple instead of sleeping." anastasia always found herself apologizing for things that weren't her fault.

"it's fine." the girl grumbled.

"no, seriously. jackie i'm here for y—"

"anastasia, all due respect, you don't know anything about me. no matter how much you want to help or be my friend because all your friends are your brothers, you can't. you don't understand what i went through and i don't know why you're trying." jackie said, quite calmly for one who was trying to whip bright red sauce off.

"jackie, i'm trying because after my parents had died, i wanted somebody to talk to. i'm just saying i'm here for you if you need someone." stasia held a soft and small smile, turning around and walking back downstairs to leave jackie with her thoughts. she truly hoped she didn't say anything that made her feel bad or blame herself.

all heads turned to stas when she entered the dining room and took a seat. "she okay?" katherine asked.

"i— um. . . she will be." the girl held one more convincing smile and started to eat her pasta, unaware of a certain boy's worried eyes fixated on her.

everybody ate as fast as they could, all tired with homework to do and shows to watch.

ᥫ᭡

ANASTASIA AND ISAAC were once again in their bedroom, sitting in a comfortable silence. isaac was sat against the headboard of the bed, fiddling his thumbs while ana was laying down on the bed, staring at the ceiling with her arms crossed over her chest.

"are you okay?" isaac broke the silence.

stasia chuckled as if he was joking. "yeah, i'm fine."

"no. stas, are you okay?" he repeated yet this time firmer. he knew she was 'fine' or whatever, but he needed to know if she was okay.

this time, anastasia stayed serious and knew that he was sick of her ignoring questions about her wellbeing. she swallowed the lump in her throat. "what do you think?"

"i don't know. that's why i asked." isaac said, his eyes now flicking down to her's.

feeling his gaze, she looked back up at him and their eye contact said everything. "well, jackie hates me for some unknown reason, after eleven years my scars keep getting darker, the maximum amount of sleep i get is one hour, and i eat a total of half a meal a day." she then paused and unexpectedly groaned, "now i feel selfish because i know other people are going through worse."

"you're allowed to talk about your feelings, you know. you did nothing for jackie to dislike you in the first place and you're the most helpful and selfless person i know so i know for a fact that all you did was attempt to help. also, even with your scars, you're still the prettiest girl i know." he jokingly winked and laughed after which caused the girl sitting next to him to do the same. "but in all seriousness your scars are pretty; they don't make you look any different than you would without them. y'know, when i was younger, i actually used to wish that i had scars like yours because they looked cool."

in this moment, anastasia had a certain epiphany. she realized that the reason why isaac's touch has helped her do the one impossible thing and why he was the only one who got her to eat or who she felt comfortable being vulnerable around is because of love. and it wasn't platonic love anymore, it was something else and now she had to figure out what that was.

ignoring those thoughts, she basically jumped on isaac, in attempt for a hug. he was incredibly good as comforting people but he didn't like to show it.

they two sat there for a few minutes in that same position until they unwilling started to drift into a sleeping state in one another's arms.

:¨ ·.· ¨:
'· .

i loooove anastasia she is MY GIRL (js like iridessa hollows 😉😉)

anyways short chap bc i needed to update but its still cute i think

bella