|Chapter Three: Bloody Time|

Harry's time away from Hogwarts before his second year started was less fruitful than he'd hoped, his results from his first year exams left a bitter taste in his mouth but he had expected to fail while taking the exams so to each their own.

He knew he would do better this year.

He got to spend time at the Burrow since his best mate Ron had come to his rescue on his birthday. The Burrow was magical, filled with clutter and chaos, but it felt like home.

It was strange to Harry since everyone there liked him. He wasn't an outcast like he was at the Dursley's.

It felt like a weight was lifted from Harry's shoulders once he entered that house.

However, now he was headed to his true home. Hogwarts.

He was sat on the Hogwarts Express in a compartment with the Weasley Twins, Hermione, Neville, Ginny, and Ron. "You look like we are riding into battle. Ginny. Don't fret too much, the Entrance ceremony is easy. We are certain you will be a Gryffindor like all of us are." Harry assured her, she nodded quietly, a faint blush on her rosy cheeks.

"I can't believe that git Gilderoy Lockhart's gonna be our new Defence Agaisnt the Dark Arts Teacher." George groaned, Hermione scoffed at him. "Lockhart is a brilliant wizard. You're just jealous of everything that he has accomplished." She firmed. "You're just into him because he's fit as fuck, admit it." Fred stated, everyone raised a brow at him. "What? Can't a guy admire another man's beauty? It's obvious he's a handsome fella." He defended himself, raising his hands in protest.

"Do you reckon everything he's mentioned in his books is actually true?" Neville spoke up, everyone ignored him, chatting amongst themselves, however, Harry looked at him then thought about it. "Well, since he's published it most would assume it's true. But somehow no one can vouch for his claims? Everyone was coincidentally wiped of any recollection of the brilliant things he had done. It's a bit dodgy if you tell me." He uttered, Neville nodded rapidly, leaning in so only Harry could hear.

It wasn't like anyone was listening to him anyway.

"My Gran thinks he's fibbing. She heard whispers that he was only ever really good at mind spells. Which is unusual given he's a Ravenclaw." He mumbled. With this new information Harry lent back into the comfy seat he was on, it was peculiar that no one had witnessed such extraordinary acts and yet everyone believed Lockhart.

It was as if good looks and a heroic personality could fool anyone into believing anything.

"Has your Grandma always been the skeptical sort?" Harry asked out of curiosity, Neville seemed a bit shocked that anyone would talk to him longer than nessasary, especially THE boy who lived.

"W-Well, sort of. She's a stubborn old woman, once she's got a belief she's following her opinion. It's hard to change her mind, I doubt even Dumbledore could change her mind. Not like the time would ever come for her to protest Dumbledore. He's a good man." Neville murmured, twiddling his thumbs anxiously, his eyes slightly glancing at Harry. "She seems like a powerful witch if you tell me, not many have the guts to be so stubborn." Harry said, Neville nodded in agreement.

"She is, though, in her older years she's laid back on being all powerful and mighty. Now she's just bossy." Neville chuckled aprehensivly, as though he wasn't all to confident in his ability to make others like him.

Which was tragic, given the fact Harry thought Neville was great.

It was pitiful to Harry, not because he felt bad for Neville, but because he'd seen firsthand how brave this quiet boy could be. If not for being the boy who lived, would Harry have been a Neville at this school, too? Because in his old school he was an outcast so who was to say that he wouldn't be one in this school as well?