Chapter: One

***

Third Person's POV.

Zeenat lived a life of loneliness. At the year of six her parents died, leaving her alone in this world.

Her tragic life doesn't end here, after Zeenat was taken under care by Naeem Chacha(Father'd brother/Uncle) and Farida Chachi (Father's brother's Wife/Aunt) her life was not as easy as it seemed.

Farida Chachi does nothing but despise Zeenat. Despite being the mother of two daughters, who are the same age as Zeenat. She hated her.

Her two daughters didn't help much either. They taunt her and call her shameful names, they mock her saying she is an orphan and she should be grateful for them, that their parents took her in.

Zeenat wants to defend herself, but she knows that she is not in a position to say something or complain because it's the harsh truth and she should accept it.

Whereas Naeem Chacha was kind towards her, but he can't do much about Zeenat's situation either. When he tried to talk to Farida Chachi, she started to fight back and vow to leave the house, if he ever scolded her or take side of Zeenat.

Zeena doesn't want to complicate more things for Naeem Chacha so she chooses to remain silent, but Naeem Chacha always tries to support her. This makes her life a little bit easier, at least when Naeem Chacha is around.

She is nothing but grateful to Allah (SWT) that, "he" gave her a second chance and a new family.

That's why when Farida Chachi and her daughters bully her. She stays patient and does everything they make her do.

Praying that someday, her hard work will pay off and she'll be recognized and loved by them.

***

Fifteen Years Later...

Zeenat's Phupo (father's sister) Saba and her family decided to emigrate from the USA to Karachi. Naeem Chacha was happy that he could meet his eldest sister again, after a long time. On the other hand, Farida Chachi was on cloud nine.

Saba Phupo's son, Danish was visiting as well. With marriage in mind, so that he can choose a bride from his homeland and that's enough reason for Farid Chachi to plot her cunning plan.

She dreamed of tying the knot to Danish with one of her daughters and who wouldn't be, Danish is a good candidate. He is in every possible way a successful man and on top of that a good-looking one.

When Farida Chachi heard the news of Danish arrival, she began to make preparations. She even completely changed the layout of the house.

Hanya and Huda (Farid Chachi's daughters) were happy with it. Every day they spent their time shopping for new dresses or going to the salon. They both were so excited to meet Daniah.

On the contrary, Zeenat. Her already chaotic life was now more messed up. Farida Chachi made her do double chores, Zeenat go clean the windows, Zeenat wash the curtains, Zeent-do-this-Zeenat-do-that. She made her clean every corner of the house to the point she was exhausted.

But who is she to complain when there is no one to take her side? Naeem Chacha was busy with office work. He planned to finish business early so, he could spend more time with his sister.

That's why Zeenat has no back support and this situation gives Farid Chachi full opportunity on bullying her. Zeenat has no choice but to obey it.

Soon the day went by, her cleaning the house, cooking new sweet dishes and getting scolde by Farida Chachi.

Soon that day came when Danish was arriving in Pakistan.

.
.
.

"Hanya, Huda, beta (daughters) come down fast. We are getting late." Farida Chachi's voice echoes in the hall.