THE DRAGON'S HEART IS MINE

"The dream...it was clearer than a memory.
And I heard the sound of thundering hooves, splintering shields and ringing swords. And I placed my heir upon the Iron Throne, and all the dragons roared as one."

~ King Viserys Targaryen

"If I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all. But when I say 'I love you', it's not because I want you or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one, Alicent.

                  ~ Geralt Targaryen

"Brother, with you as heir and I your Princess Consort, your claim would not be so easily challenged. The Velaryons are of the sea. But you and I are made of fire We have always been meant to burn together."

                ~ Rheanyra Targaryen

"Where is duty? Where is sacrifice? It's trampled under your pretty foot again."

                 ~ Alicent Hightower

"Think for yourself. It'll save you a lifetime of heartbreak."

                ~ Yennefer Martell

"Dreams didn't make us kings. Dragons did."

                ~Daemon Targaryen

Based on George R.R. Martin's Fire & Blood, House of the Dragon is set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones and tells the story of House Targaryen and it's mix with the Witcher.

However this story is a twisted tale of the spinoff series. It entails family, politics, love, rejection, betrayal, revenge and war.

The Dragon's Heart Is Mine tells of tale of two best friends torn apart by a man whose love is somewhat fickle.

During the reign of King Jaeherys, his grandson Viserys married Princess Visenna Martell who bore him his first son Geralt Targaryen.

Unfortunately, Princess Visenna died of stroke, tragedy claimed her at childbirth, cutting her lifespan short. Little Prince Geralt was only three years old when she passed.

Widowed. Viserys became devasted, he mourned his beloved for a year and soon found love again with Aemma Arryn.

He needed to let go of the past and embrace the future and Aemma gave him the reason to love again.

Over the years, Jaeherys called a great council to prevent a war being fought over his succession, he affirmly proclaimed Viserys, Prince of DragonStone and heir to the iron throne.

At that time Lady Aemma was Geralt's step mother, she doted the boy, cared for him, nursed, nurtured and loved him as her own flesh and blood.

Rumors even lingered in the Red Keep that she was barren and cursed. Despite being infertile with many still births and dead children in her cradle, luckily the Seven Gods finally blessed Aemma with a child of her own.

The King and Queen welcomed a baby
girl and named her Rheanyra Targaryen: the Realm's Delight.

Family was everything to Viserys, he placed his children first before anything else. Both half siblings cared and loved one another dearly.