Sprucin' Up Reunions

Start from the beginning

Little did he know that the "fans" he was about to write autographs for were two new friends and two people that he hadn't seen in 20 years.

John Dory, quickly clarifying for Spruce, shouted, "Spruce, it's us, it's your brothers."

The sound of John Dory's voice made Spruce curiously turn around, and seeing him and Branch standing there, Spruce was SO elated! He was very excited to be seeing his brothers again for so long, and it was as same a surprise for him to be seeing them after so long, making him shout, "Woah"!

He had his arms up and ran to them, looking like he was gonna run over to John Dory and hug him first, with John Dory ready to reciprocate. But what the eldest did not take into account for was the underlying resentment Spruce still had for John, though it wasn't as visible at the moment, and that hug was really for the baby brother Spruce has missed for so long.

"Bitty B," Spruce shouted excitedly as he ran right past John Dory, much to the shock of the eldest sibling, as he watched Spruce eagerly hug Branch and give him a hefty toss up high, startling Branch, before he was brought back down to his feet again.

John Dory, meanwhile, had his mouth agape, and...felt a little hurt. He though that Spruce would've been just as happy to see him as he was happy to see Branch, so why a quick, but still sharp, cold shoulder?

Branch, as he returned to the safety of Earth's gravity below, was not still over how John Dory had tossed him earlier, and Spruce's tossing didn't do much to help, as he quickly clarfied to the purple haired brother, "Whoa! No tossing, okay? I-i'm too big to be tossed."

At the same time, Branch has seen how much 20 years has done to Spruce; he looked VERY different compared to before; gone wee those beautiful abs and now was replaced by a bit of a rounder figure and much thicker, flowy hair, yet it didn't at all take away his charismatic charm.

Spruce was also eyeing how much Branch has grown up since his baby days, commenting giddily, "The last time I saw you, you were in diapers"!

That soured the reunion a little because it meant that Spruce also seemed to still see Branch as the "baby" of the family, and not the adult that he's grown up to be, which made Branch let out a small sigh, saying sarcastically, "Diapers, right." Now, Branch did not have a much bitterness about seeing Spruce again compared to John Dory, but it was also still a little hard to be seeing Spruce again and seeing that he's changed, but only a little. He still seemed to be the same carefree, serious, yet opportunistic second-oldest brother who stuck more to the thoughts of what he has done now with his new life instead of thinking about how things have changed for Branch since he walked out.

And speaking of opportunistic, Spruce decided to poke a little ol' brotherly mischief by licking his finger before shouting, "Wet willy," and gave Branch a wet willy in his left ear, while John Dory watched in amusement.

Branch, however, was not amused at all; it was disgusting, it was cold, and it was immature! That last word "immature" was the other term that defined how Spruce was back then; he may have been the "Heartthrob," but mature? He was not. I mean, he had some more maturity than Clay, but a lot of Clay's earlier mischievous behavior rubbed off on him, and it had Spruce have a more "silly" side, a side that bothered Branch seeing that it had not gne away after 20 years of separation.

He quickly pulled himself away from Spruce, telling him off quickly, "Stop it, that's disgusting; I am a grownup."

Soruce seemed to take the apology, saying at first, "Oh, sorry," before clarifying, pretending to hone a fancy accent, "A wet William," and prepared to give another wet willy.

Luckily for Branch, Poppy stopped it by interrupting the interaction, saying to Spruce while feeling a little shy about meeting him since it was shaking her excitement to be meeting another one of Branch's brothers, "Hi, Spruce; I'm Poppy. Wow, it's, like It's so cool to meet you or whatever."