Past Chapter 2 White Lily

Suguru's footsteps echoed softly against the damp ground as he approached your brother's final resting place

Suguru's footsteps echoed softly against the damp ground as he approached your brother's final resting place. Raindrops danced on the tips of the grass, and a misty veil hung in the air, casting an ethereal ambiance over the cemetery. Clutching a bouquet of white lilies, Suguru lowered himself onto the wet earth beside the headstone that bore your brother's name.

The rain, a silent witness to his grief, continued to fall, each droplet a poignant reminder of the tears that Suguru couldn't shed. The flowers he held seemed fragile in his grasp, their delicate petals mirroring the fragility of life itself. As he placed them beside the grave, Suguru's fingertips brushed against the cool stone, and a shiver ran down his spine.

Memories flooded his consciousness, a kaleidoscope of shared laughter, whispered secrets, and dreams that once intertwined. Your brother's infectious smile, etched in Suguru's mind, now felt like a distant echo. The scent of the lilies mingled with the earthy aroma of rain-soaked soil, a melancholic blend that encapsulated the bittersweet nature of remembrance.

The graveyard became a sacred space where time seemed to stand still. Suguru closed his eyes, allowing the vivid recollections to transport him to moments frozen in the amber of memory.

Yet, the reality of the present weighed heavily on Suguru's shoulders. The hollowness within him expanded like a void, an emptiness that no amount of reminiscing could fill. The rain intensified, transforming into a rhythmic drumming that underscored the solitude of his mourning.

As Suguru's gaze shifted towards your brother's tombstone, his thoughts involuntarily drifted to a more painful aspect of their shared history - you. A sense of responsibility gnawed at Suguru's heart. He couldn't shake the image of your innocent eyes, now dimmed by the absence of your older brother.

The gravestone became a conduit for Suguru's emotions, absorbing his silent confessions and unspoken regrets.

"You know, our little (Y/n) is so so strong. She's fiercely brave. Instead of asking for support and comfort, she was the one comforting us both." A melancholic smile spread on Suguru's face.

"She's such a strong kid, you know? I can't believe she's the same (Y/n) who would throw a tantrum if you or anyone stole her food. She used to get irritated so easily, but now she's calm." A tired sigh left Suguru's mouth.

"I hate it you know? I want her to revert to her earlier self. This role isn't made for her" Suguru spoke to your brother as if the raindrops carried his words to the heavens, recounting the missed opportunities, the unsaid apologies, and the lingering "what ifs" that haunted his conscience.

The rain continued its steady descent, a symphony of nature mourning alongside Suguru. Each droplet seemed to echo the pain he felt as if the heavens themselves wept for the loss of a beautiful soul. The world beyond the cemetery remained oblivious to this intimate communion between the living and the departed.

The atmosphere became a canvas for Suguru's emotions, painted with the muted hues of grief. He lingered beside the grave, his mind a battleground of conflicting emotions — love, loss, guilt, and a profound yearning for the days when life was simpler and your brother's laughter echoed through their shared existence.