~ Chapter 40 ~

Mulai dari awal

"That's not scheduled to come out until like April or May" I shook my head. Around the time that I was given the role of Jack and before filming started, Olivia convinced me to sit down and do an interview with one of her old journalism friends as future promo. I was on the fence about it, but I ultimately agreed to go through with it because of all the other sacrifices Olivia was making when agreeing to give me the chance.

"We could push the date forward" Olivia countered.

"It's really early for this conversation" I made a joke, trying to calm myself down.

"Well we needed to keep your big secret movie star" Olivia raised her eyebrows and sipped on her coffee.

"I'll think about it. I'm not trying to be difficult, it's just...I want to get somewhere with my son before any of the spotlight comes back" I told her honestly, hoping she would hear my words and understand more of where I'm coming from.

"I know, I have two of my own as well so I understand the parenting side, but we also have jobs to do" She said lightheartedly, trying to make her words come off as less offensive.

"I know we're two months into filming, but if you can't continue to give me what I need, then you can replace me" I set it straight. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to have to quit the movie. I love going on set, I love the cast, and I love being a part of it again. However, if I had to choose between acting and seeing Theo, he wins every moment of every day.

She sat back in her seat, a bit surprised at my unexpected ultimatum. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'll make it work. I want you in this film, you do Jack justice. Let's agree to think about moving that date forward, but nothing will be set in motion until I get the go ahead, okay?"

"Agreed"

"Okay. Thanks for meeting with me"

"I can't turn down a cup of coffee" I shrugged, knowing I'll probably have 2 more of them before the day is over.

She laughed. "I'll see you tomorrow morning. Have a good day"

"You too" I pushed in our chairs and kept my head down as I walked out the coffee shop and over to my car. I had quite a lot of time before I would be heading over to Lennon's house for the afternoon, so for now I just drove back home to Jeff's house to do nothing.

Olivia and I's conversation replaying through my head the entire way home.

I arrived at Lennon's house right on time, a few minutes before the playset put together crew showed up. I was really glad that Lennon wasn't upset with me for getting this for Theo. I just really wanted to get him something that I knew he would enjoy. I only kept it a secret from her because if I asked she would've just said no, and then the idea would have ended right there.

I tend to just beg for forgiveness when it comes to her.

The look on his face was so worth it. Honestly I have been a little nervous about Theo's reaction towards me in his life and how he looks like he's shooting daggers my direction every time he would look at me. It all went away though when I watched him open his present yesterday. It was probably the first time since I had met him that I was genuinely thinking that the two of us would be okay, and we would reach a point in time that I'm his dad again.

I was so happy that I got to spend a couple hours of Theo's birthday with him. It's hard to believe that he's 4 years old now...I remember his first birthday like it was yesterday. It's strange to think that it was 3 years ago.

And the way that Lennon did the entire day for him just proved once again how much of an incredible mother she is. She went above and beyond to make his day special for him, and the love that she has for her kids is evident in everything that she does.