01. crazy psychic

You and Kusuo were walking home from school, you taking up most of the conversation

You and Kusuo were walking home from school, you taking up most of the conversation. He didn't care, but he certainly didn't mind either as he didn't have to talk much. Or- at all.

"-I saw a cute cat taking shelter in our school too. You should've seen it!" You exclaim, your thoughts going back to the kitty you saw a few days ago. Taking out your phone, you scroll to your gallery to find it and show it to Kusuo.

It was curled up and comfortingly slept under the roof of the school. Its fur was white, eyes closed in a slanted way. How could anyone not fall for that cutie?!

'If only you knew what I knew, (y/n).' He spoke back. "It's better to be oblivious, no?" He glanced at you, then setting his eyes back on the street.

'Always so boring and serious huh.' You deadpanned.

'I can hear you idiot.' Kusuo glared, earning a nervous chuckle from you. "Haha..Whoops." You say. Kusuo was silent, and so were you, both stuck with your own thoughts. It wasn't awkward though. In fact, it was nice. Comfortable.

That is when a girl yells out. "Pochimi?! WAIT!-" a red truck comes zooming in and you were stunned, caught off guard. "WATCH OUT!" The pair warned.

Kusuo stops you with his hand from interfering and before you know it, that same truck starts to float over the dog, and your eyes widened in surprise. The girl was confused, the dog was tilting its head and both the driver and man were slightly concerned as well from what had just happened..

With a quiet sigh, your brother puts his hand down, pretending nothing happened as he starts to walk with you trailing behind. From a distance, you hear that same pair conversing after the short incident.

...

"So, wanna go out for dinner?'

"Huh. What about I say 'no way'. " The girl replied with a monotone voice.

You sighed in relief and turned back to Kusuo, who was avoiding your gaze. "Heyyyy.." You tease and continuously poke his shoulder. "Pretty heroic for a boy who says he doesn't care huhhhh??" He rolls his eyes.

'Oh shut up.' You smile and pull your hand away. "So edgy." Kusuo takes two fingers and uses it to slap your head. It wasn't that harsh, but it was enough to make you click your tongue and cover the spot after. "Ouch!"

'Deserved.'

"You overpowered-" Both of you are cut off as you see a familiar figure sitting in front of your house.