FORTY-ONE: The Aftermath Of It All

Kawaii-Chan's POV:

I found myself biting my nails as I paced back and forth in the living room of Zane and I's house while he was on the phone with Aphmau asking her some questions.

My stomach turned as the worst came to mind and I started running my fingers through my hair as I stopped when Zane nodded his head and thanked Aphmau before hanging up.

I stared at him with a hopeful expression on my face, he shook his head and I let out a sob stepping back and placing my hands on my hips as my mind ran a mile a minute.

"Nana it's okay. They are going to be found" Zane said, I nodded my head quickly as I tried to think of where or who could've gotten them when suddenly one person came to mind.

How could I not realize this, how could we both have been so stupid not to think about this one specific person, I stared at Zane who raised a brow watching the worried expression change to a knowing look.

"Follow me" I said, he nodded his head without another word and I ran out of our house with him following behind me, I ran down the stairs and looked around hearing voices.

I ran around the fence of our yard and ran down the sidewalk as fast as I possibly could in heels and so Zane could keep with me too, I ran up the driveway and heard Zane groan as he realized why I was heading this way.

Running up the stairs, I barged through the front door and noticed the 3 who froze in place staring at me as Zane ran in behind me and let out a breath, I placed my hands on my hips.

"You kidnapped our son and daughter?" I asked, Garroth smiled sheepishly while scratching the back of his head and our 2 year old daughter and 4 year old son ran towards us with smiles on their faces.

"Mommy! Daddy!" They shouted, I kneeled down catching our daughter Zia while Zane caught our son Nicko and we lifted them up intoour arms squeezing them tight.

Garroth laughed nervously and I shook my head wondering how Zane and I didn't think to go find Garroth because he can take them out of school and sometimes he does that for some uncle, niece and nephew hangout time.

Pulling away from the hug I looked at Zia and seen the huge smile on her face, her black hair pulled back into pigtails and her light caramel eyes were full of happiness.

I looked over to see Nicko smiling at me his messy pink hair in the way of his bright blue eyes but he refuses to let me cut it because he wants to win the competition with his friends.

"I hope you know I'm going to burn every dessert I give to you for the next month" I said, Garroth shrugged his shoulder taking another sip of his iced coffee and set the bags down.

"Worth it" I shook my head and adjusted Zia on my hip with one arm wrapped under her to hold her up and I grabbed my wrist with my other hand looking at him.

"What did you buy them?" I asked, Garroth smiled.

"Just a few more toys and stuff" Garroth has spoiled his niece and nephew ever since he found out he was going to be an uncle and wondered if somehow Nicko would love baseball as much as he does.

I hope Nicko likes baseball so he can throw a baseball at his uncle Garroth because now we're going to go over to Aphmau and Aaron's for their daughter Lilith's 5th birthday party and tell her everything's okay.

Aphmau and Aaron have two daughters named Lilith and Alina and one son named Blaze who of course was named after Blaze to honor his memory.

Lilith is 5 years old today, Alina is 2 years old just like Zia, and Blaze is only 4 months old but they are some of the most adorable children besides Zia and Nicko and well Katelyn and Travis' kids.