"Please don't be too late," she murmured, tapping her nails on the desk. When the sun caught the her nails just right, the polish on them glimmered in the sun, and she found herself a bit more at ease. Then, with another beep at her laptop, she breathed a sigh of relief. There was a text from Peter on the screen: 'thnx del, saved my skin' with a thumbs up emoji beside it. She shook her head with a smile, then shut her laptop after sending a quick 'ur welcome' message back.

She got up from her chair and went to look out of her window, a soft sigh leaving her lips. Peter had been trying to take Wilson Fisk down for years, and finally, the opportunity was here. Fisk had been terrorizing the city in covert ways for far too long, evading the law through legal loopholes even her father failed to close, and it drove her up the wall. She'd seen Peter put away countless others, from Rhino to Electro, but this... this was the white whale.

"Better late than never," she mumbled, then walked back over to her vanity. she grabbed her fallen mascara wand from the tabletop, dipped it back into the tube, and finished applying the rest of her makeup. If she was lucky, everything going on wouldn't disrupt her commute to work. Especially when Martin Li wanted to finish preparations for May's surprise party.

"I'm heading out, Dad. See you later, love you!" she called.

"Stay safe, take the car if you need," Norman replied, and she gave a thumbs up before leaving the penthouse.

***

Delaney arrived at F.E.A.S.T a little while later, waving to a few people on her way in.

"Delaney, there you are!"

She looked up, then smiled as Martin Li made his way over to her, a grin on his lips.

"Hey, Mr. Li. Sorry I'm a little late. Guess the Fisk thing stretches farther than I thought," she said.

"Don't apologize. I'm just glad you're safe. Come on, let's go and talk about tonight's plans," he said, and she nodded. They walked to his office, but along the way, they bumped into May Parker.

"Delaney, Martin, good to see you both," she said, smiling warmly.

"Hi, May. Happy five years at F.E.A.S.T today," Delaney replied, stepping forward to hug her gently.

"Oh, thank you, Laney. It doesn't even feel like five years," May replied with a chuckle.

"Maybe not to you, but the community has definitely noticed a big shift since you've been on board," Martin added.

"Way too hard to ignore," Delaney said, pulling away from the hug.

"You flatter me, both of you. But I do have to run. I'll see you two later." She bid them farewell, and with a smile, Delaney followed Martin back to his office. Once inside, he shut the door, and she leaned against his desk.

"You think she suspected anything?" Delaney asked.

"Not a chance. Which is good, because balloons are incredibly hard to hide," Martin chuckled.

"Balloons? You said we weren't going all out!" she reminded him.

"Couldn't help myself. It's just balloons and the cake you ordered."

"Oh, crap. Let me check on the delivery status. They never emailed me..." She opened her phone, and sure enough, there was a text message waiting for her from the bakery.

"Mr. Li, could you call Peter and let him know we need to push the start time for the party back a bit? They ran into trouble because of the Fisk situation," she said.