𝚘𝚗𝚎

The sudden ring from her phone made Delaney poke herself in the eye with her mascara wand. She groaned and dropped the wand onto her vanity, and with her hand covering her eye, she glanced over to look at her screen and see who was calling. She found herself smiling, and she pressed the 'answer call' button on the screen.

"Delaney Osborn, one eyed wonder speaking."

"Del! Oh man, I'm so happy you hear your voice. Wait, one eyed... Was it me?"

"Partially. What's going on? I thought I saw like a dozen helicopters go by," she said, turning to glance out of her bedroom window.

"Raid on Fisk Tower. Surprised Norman didn't mention it."

"Peter, since when does he tell me anything?"

"I dunno. You guys could bond over stuff like this," Peter replied, and she laughed.

"Very funny. But seriously, what's up?"

"I'm so glad you asked. Think you could send over the tower schematics? Didn't have time to upload them myself."

"And what makes you think I have them?"

There was a beat of silence, and then Peter cleared his throat.

"Because you're super smart and talented and I know it's a hobby..."

"Alright, kiss-ass. You'll get them in two."

"You're amazing. Oh!" Gotta go, Del. Love you, bye!"

The call ended abruptly, and Delaney sat still for a moment. She blinked, then got up from her vanity to get to her desk. Her chair spun slightly as she sat down, and she twisted it back around so she could face her desk. She opened up her laptop, then searched up the building plans for Fisk Tower.

"Thank god for public records. One good thing this city mandates," she mumbled, watching the plans download. The progress bar on her screen was halfway full when she heard a gentle knock on her doorframe. Delaney turned in her seat, and her eyes widened when she saw her father standing in the doorway, peeking into her bedroom.

"Del? Everything okay in here?" he asked, and she moved in her chair to block her screen from his line of sight.

"Yeah! I mean... yeah, everything's fine. Why wouldn't it be?" she asked, trying for a smile.

"You grumble when you're annoyed. And I heard grumbling," Norman replied, walking a bit further inside.

"Oh. Well, uh, everything's okay, I promise. Just getting some work stuff done, that's all." Delaney got to her feet and met her dad halfway, and when she was close enough, he set his hands on her shoulders.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" he asked softly. Delaney nodded, and this time, gave him a genuine smile.

"I know, honest. But things are going well. May has me busy with a lot at F.E.A.ST, and I wanna work with Mr. Li to further our outreach," she said, and Norman smiled a bit.

"Your mother would be so proud of you, Delaney," he said, and she could feel her face warm slightly.

"I hope so. It might not be Harry-level genius—"

"It's Delaney-level genius. And that's what matters. Now, go and finish up, I don't want to keep you too long," he said, squeezing her shoulders and kissing her forehead. He left her room just as her computer chimed behind her, and her shoulders relaxed slightly. She looked over her shoulder to the screen, where the progress bar was completely filled. Delaney hurried back to her desk and sent the downloaded schematics to Peter's mask, chewing on her bottom lip as she did so.