Prologue

Noong tayo'y magkasundo pa,
Mundo ko'y labis na maligaya.
Sa'yo umiikot ang aking buhay,
Noong pagmamahalan ay may saysay.

Hindi rin madali ang buhay. Minsan haharapin mo ang kaganapan sa mundo. Hindi tulad ng iba, ako ay hindi mayaman. Nag-aaral ako sa umaga, may trabaho naman sa kainan tuwing gabi. Mahirap kumita ng pera lalo na't alam kong walang sasalo sa akin. Mag-isa nalang si nanay. Nag-iisa lamang akong anak. Hindi ko kailanman nakilala ang aking tatay.

Hindi ko maipagkakait na minsa'y nalaman kong napili ko ang taong para sa akin, sa hirap man o sa ginhawa. Biruin mo, ang taong iyon ang magbibigay sa'yo ng ngiti sa tuwing nararamdaman mong hindi maganda ang takbo ng araw mo.

Sa mga bawat sandali ng buhay ko, pinagtagpo sa'kin ng tadhana na makikita at makikilala ko ang isang lalaki na magiging "forever" ko. Unang nakita ko pa 'yan noong shift ko sa trabaho. He walked through the door so attractive, and the way he brushed his hair and came to the counter to order food was so stunning. He is as white as a sheet of paper. He has his kitty black eyes, a black flowing hair, and has heart-shaped pink lips...simply gwapo.

Naalala ko pa noon, in-order niya isang jolly hotdog at isang iced coffee. Almost natulala nalang ako sa kanya nang mapataas ng kaunti ang kilay niya.

After serving him food that time, I noticed him very familiar. Flashbacks came to my mind as he was my crush since I was a freshman. Back to the present, hindi ko na sinayang ang pagkakataon para tanungin ang pangalan niya.

His name was...

"Fredodrigo. You can call me 'Drigo' for short." He said that with confidence and a smile on his cheeks.

"I know you. Lagi kitang nakikita sa hallways and sa park ng university. You seem to follow me around." He followed what he said and that made me shook for a moment.

He actually kinda knew na coincidentally nagkikita kami and at the same time, medyo..."admiring from afar" ang datingan.

After days na nagkikita na kami, he always smiles kapag nakikita niya ako or minsan nilalapitan pa niya ako kapag may kailangan siya. He treats me like a friend that time.

There's one time that I was preparing for my examination when he sat beside me under the mango tree. He was also cramming that time to review his notes. After we have our moment there, bell started to ring and we need to hurry for our examinations. While walking away from each other, napansin kong nakatingin pa rin sa akin si Drigo. That made me think if he was saying "good luck"... silently.

After so many days or weeks have passed, me and Drigo became so close to each other. We tend to walk late at night para lang samahan niya ako pumunta sa night shift ko sa resto. Lagi na rin niya akong tinatabihan kapag nakita niya akong nakatambay sa puno ng mangga. Isa pa, napakinggan na ng puno na yan how he told me some secrets including that....

"I am the son of the CEO of a sardine company." He whispered that with caution that nobody heard what he just said.

Never did I expect that Drigo only waited the perfect time to make a move.

I was eating dinner just at the university park, sitting in a bench lightened by a lamp post, thirty minutes before my shift at work. Drigo gave me a letter, and sat beside me. I was so shocked that once I opened the letter, it has only a drawing of a heart, stamped on the paper.

"I like you, Krisha." He said that with his hands clasped and fingers are playing with each other, which tells me that he was very nervous.

"Are you sure you got the right person?" I said that with doubt because I did not expect that someone like him would love someone simple like me.

"I surely got the right person." He said that with his hands in his pocket picking a white rose he then gave it to me.

He held my hand as if it was his.

Never in my life I got so stunned and can't even talk for a second because this was a "dream come true". Never in my life got a man mesmerized with me. But all I can say is...

"I like you, too, Drigo." Sparks fly as his eyes went shining and his face drew a smile on him that I never seen before.

I wish that we will be together through ups and down.

That's how Fredodrigo Isaiah Torre fell in love with Krisha Lovelle Esperanza.