Into you

"I'm so into you
I can barely breathe
And all I wanna do
Is to fall in deep"

I couldn't sleep. I was exhausted both mentally and physically. I needed to rest. I needed sleep but I couldn't. It seemed like ever since they decided I would be taking over their empire all they wanted to do was argue with me. I had another argument with them today and it was lying heavy on me. This time it was about a press meeting I did not want to think about. There was only one thing to be done if I wanted to clear my head and it was to work.

I was headed to my office when I heard the sound of cabinets closing and opening. A thief or worse paparazzi.

I picked up a nearby vase and opened the door as quietly as possible but the person inside shocked me.

It was Alison dressed in all black makeup off hair flowy and unstyled. Beautiful. I couldn't tell in the moonlight but it looked like she was crying.

"Alison?"I said.

Her eyes widened and she immediately looked panicked. She turned around and bolted for the window.

"Stop" I don't know what she was doing at my house this late at night but I was going to find out. "I don't think breaking and entering would look very good on your record would it?"

She ran her hand from her face to her hair then turned around.

"You wouldn't." She said it like she completely believed it.

"I would," I said pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"Wait stop." She said quickly. 

"Call the police Dear Grayson and you would never know why I was here"

"Please inform then. "I gestured to a chair.

She flipped her hair over her shoulder and then took a seat.

"Well?"

"Well what"

"What are you doing here Alison"

"I lived here for years Gray" Her eyes traced the walls as if reliving old memories. There were many old memories in this office.

"Gray," She said laughing as I tickled her. "Stop"

"Then say it back." I had been about to retire for the night when I kissed her and said I love you. However, Alison had simply replied with a simple 'mmhmm'. I had asked to say if back before I went to sleep but she was adamant on her refusal and I was certain it was just to get me to stay a little longer.

"Say what back?" She said taking gasps between words.

"Y'know what," I said she was now lying on the couch me leaning on top of her still tickling her.

"But" She exploded with loud laughter before she continued. "Then you'll leave."

I sighed and stopped.

"I'll stay until you're done."I gave in.

"I" She leaned up and kissed my cheek. "Love" She kissed my other cheek. "You" She lightly touched my nose.

"Good girl" I smiled. "Ok, fine, I'll stay, for you."

I leaned down and then kissed her.

"The things I do for you"

She smirked. "Can't I just miss it"

"You can but you could have gone here in the morning," I said playing along.

She leaned closer. Close enough that I could feel her breath on my face and smell her sweet perfume.

My eyes wandered to her lips then up to her eyes.

"Why should I tell you" She said each word slowly eyes wandering to my lips.

"Because," I said wondering how on earth I could form the words.

"Cause?" Her eyes wandered back to mine looking big wide and feigning innocence.

"Alison" I don't know what it was but something snapped me back. This could not happen.

As if sensing my seriousness she raised her eyebrows and then leaned back into her chair.

"Well, Grayson?"

"I told you princess I'll call the police"

"Using what?"

"My-"

"Oh you mean this" She lifted her hand holding my phone.

So that's why she came so close.

"Well if that's all." She said standing up and walking towards the door.

"Not so fast" I don't know if I'd mean to do it but I had pinned her to the wall. Arm above her head keeping the door from opening. Eyes boring into hers.

"You're going to want to stay."

She didn't reply for a while looking up at me. Tense. Cheeks pinkish. Blushing.

She cleared her throat.

"And why is that?" She said voice cracking slightly at 'that'.

"First tell me what you doing here"

"No. Way.In hell"

"I wouldn't want my wife going to jail"

"That's-" She paused processing my words.

"Your what?"

Tell me what you doing here" I pressed.

"Fine but get off me first." She replied teeth clenched.

"The contract is gone. I want to sign it. My father wants nothing to do with me. I don't see why your parents might have taken it. So if it wasn't stolen it must've been you." She said using her hand to gesture to me.

"And why would I want the contract?"

"I don't know"

"Then-"

"Because there is no other explanation"

"Alison" I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I didn't take it"

"I don't know Gray maybe you did. You still love me don't you?"

It took me a while to realize it was just sarcasm.

I took my hand off her shoulder. She then feigned a look of disgust.

"No"

"Then I guess I have to believe you" She shrugged. She tried to hide it but I could see it. She trusted me. She doesn't know how much that means.
"Your turn. Why did you call me your wife"

"The contract"

"What about it?"

"It states that if we don't sign it on your birthday. We default to man and wife."

"So why don't we just sign for divorce?"

"The contract goes against it unless necessary"

"What is necessary?" She provided.

"Things such as domestic abuse, Adultery-"

"Ok nevermind"

"However if we can sign the contract"

"We'll be signing for divorce"

She froze

"We need to find that damn thing"

"And we will"

I settled my hand on her elbow drawing lines with my thumb.

"But you have to wait."

"For now," I said. "Get some sleep then pack your things"

"You're moving in tomorrow."