25

◁◁◁◁◁◁◁◁

Hyunjin sat on the car that usually took him everywhere. He had woken up at 5a.m. again when he slept at 11. It was the longest sleep he had gotten since his parents' passing and it was because Felix slept with him again. He needed to have another consultation with the shareholders, since the stock price had gone lower and lower. The companies were facing their downfall and Hyunjin couldn't do much. He can't make big decisions since he didn't understand everything he should have. He was afraid any decisions would make it worse and at the same time, if he didn't do anything, he couldn't be trusted as their next leader. In public eyes, he was just merely an inexperience son who had too much legacy on his hand. He felt like he had failed his dad.

"You might see them as numbers on paper, Hyunjin-ah. Seven thousand workers, with five thousands of them work on the field and factory. Then you see how much profit you have, after subtracting it with their salary. Everything is about money and numbers and percentages. But it's more than that, it has always been more than that."

 Hyunjin listened to his dad as he wrote everything down on some papers. The lessons with his dad was done an hour ago but, on those kinds of days, he found listening to his dad's thoughts more interesting. He wanted to see how his father saw the whole group, the whole company, the whole thing.

"Seven thousand employees, not all of them are married, so let's say there are five thousand spouses. Not all of them have kids, too. Let's say only three thousand of them have one kids and one third of the three thousand have two kids."

"Sixteen thousand people," Hyunjin concluded.

"Exactly, every decision we make, it will affect the life of sixteen thousand humans. One of the sixteen thousand is you. I come home to your mom and even though you're not always here, one of them is also you. When you make decisions later, you're holding hands with those sixteen thousand people." His dad tapped his shoulder and smiled. "I'm sure you can do it. Since you were kids, you always want to try different things. There could be wrong decisions and right ones. Whatever you do with the wrong ones, you can always fix it with the right call. If you must see, wrong calls, then you can see the right calls clearer. Okay, son?"

Hyunjin sighed again when he arrived. He was back at his father's office, where all the conversation in his head happened. "Mr. Lee sent you a lunch box, Hyunjin-ssi." Said Kim Jungwan when he entered.

"Thank you," He opened the folder one by one. Looking for things he could decide for today, especially the urgent ones. 

"I want to say something about Mr. Lee, I mean the other one, from Lee Group," Kim Jungwan didn't leave his spot. Hyunjin put the folder down and looked at his assistant.

"What about him? What do you know about him?" Hyunjin was cautious to make a wrong move.

"The day he came to you about Lee Yongdae," Kim Jungwan hesitated to continue. "It was the day your father left overseas and you sent them away here. He told you about his uncle, Lee Yongdae being the father of Felix. Hmmm...your boyfriend."

Hyunjin almost stood up from his seat but he tried to remain calm. "I knew you were there when he barged in, but how do you know about Felix being my boyfriend?"

"I saw him many times in your pent house. I followed both of you couple times as well, on your father's order," Kim Jungwan sat down and he looked more relaxed, in contrary from Hyunjin.

"My dad did what?" Hyunjin sat up straight, ignoring the headache and the information that seemed to flood in just in seconds. "He knew about Felix too?"