Chapter 1: Confusion

I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter! I worked on this a lot so feedback is welcome. 

Y/n's Pov

I've finally returned...

This day marks exactly 12 years since the incident that changed the entire course of my life occurred and now here I am back where it all began. I'm not sure the exact extent of what I'm feeling right now since the feeling is so foreign to me, yet I know one thing for sure it feels almost the same as that day.

As I slowly exhale the breath I didn't know I was holding I began to walk out of the airport bags in hand until I slowly reach the check in area. Quickly handing my identification to the person handing the front desk I open my phone to unread messages from my grandma and quickly respond.

Have you landed?

I'm outside the airport, let me know when you get out.

I have sent Mira to get you from inside. I would come outside, but I'd rather not create a scene.

Sorry...

What are you apologizing for?

And there just reviewing my passport,
I'll be out in a few.

Thank you for coming to pick me up

"Oh my apologies for taking to long" the lady says quickly taking away my attention from my phone as I noticed her bowing to me.

"Can you not do that, it makes me uncomfortable." I explained running a hand through my hair as look down. I had forgotten how much I hated people bowing down to me because of my status. I don't even deserve it. Thankfully before I can get to inside my mind  the lady moves back up handing me my passport as I quickly leave from the area. 

Before long Mira quickly approaches me grabbing my bags followed by the bow I've grown to hate, "You've finally returned sir, how have you been?"

"I'm ok, a little out of it. Can you please stop bowing though." I respond as she quickly gets up again, "sorry I forgot how you feel about that."

"It's fine, how have you been, how's grandma?" I ask grabbing some of the bags back as we begin walking.

"I'm good, so is she. But you know how she is. Even if she is unwell she'll never let us know" Mira says.

"She still hasn't changed. How about the work. How has she been ok managing everything?" I ask.

"Kinda. There's been a lot of difficulties about her staying in power. Some of the people have grown weary of her continuing to stay as the leader because of her age, but most still continue to have faith in her." She says as I begin to feel a string of guilt within me. It's my fault... i just hope I can fix everything..

"Thanks for telling me the truth, you know she would never tell me anything." I say letting out a weak laugh as leave the airport building -the sunlight quickly making its way straight to me in the process. It was warm. Not enough to make you feel unpleasant, but just right since there was a cold breeze making it's way around the area. I quickly took the chance to take a few deep breaths to calm my nerves. "Are there any plans for the day?"

"No she cleared the whole day for you."

"Do you think she would be willing to go visit them?" I ask looking up down from her gaze . "I know it's been hard for her, but I'd like to see them today".