"Were you the mysterious person writing Savi letters?" Cerulean asked.

Savi laughed bitterly. "No, I was just the messenger. And that's quite enough questions out of you, Tsynis."

Gisela shot her a warning look, like she'd overstepped in the Nemesis character. "Now, now, Nemesis, we don't do prejudice against his family around here. Brant. Remember?"

"Oh." Right. Brant was a Neverseen member. "I'm sorry. While trying to blend in, it's only natural that I might have adopted some bad habits."

Gisela nodded understandingly while Cerulean's fists clenched under the table. "Where's Savi?" he asked eventually.

Gisela snorted. "I don't want to be around when you call her Savi to her face. And she isn't here. She ran back to her family."

"You're not serious," Cerulean gaped, and the disappointment in his eyes was obvious. Savi shrugged it off.

"Of course. She never struck me as the brave type." Savi stood up. "I have somewhere I need to be."

This time, though, Gisela didn't bother making up an excuse for her. "Where?"

"I will inform you later, when I feel we are in trustworthy company." Perhaps she made her eyes linger over Cerulean a beat too long, because he was looking ready to murder someone. Sliding into the Nemesis character was easier than she'd thought, but she wasn't sure if she actually meant that she didn't trust Cerulean.

She felt bad for hurting him, but ultimately, it was necessary. The more she did that, the less likely he was to guess her identity, same with the others. Apparently, only Fox and the Technopath knew.

"Report to my office afterward, Nemesis," Gisela called.

"Alright." Savi retreated back to her bedroom where Keris was still snuggled up under the covers, sighing as she flipped open her Imparter.

Seriously? Via was talking to Harmony through it?

The conversation went:

Via: Harmony, I'm scared for Savi.

Harmony: Anna – and don't you want to open a private line?

Via: No, I need Savi to see this.

Harmony: For the last time, ANNA!

Via: No, I'm pretty sure Savi doesn't actually like that name. It's about Sophie and Keefe. Savi... if I told you that I was actually the one to start calling you by the nickname, what would you say?

A couple of hours had passed without any more messages, but then Harmony had answered.

Harmony: I'm sure Savi either cut you off or muted her Imparter. Seriously, what was that thing with Keefe for?

Via: He's her dad! He was worried!

Harmony: And this was a private line meant for her, you and me!

Via: Come on! Keefe BEGGED me!

Harmony: You should have refused!

Via: ... Look, I don't feel like arguing right now.

Harmony: What, we should argue in person?

Via: No! I mean, Savi wouldn't have wanted us to become divided like this.