Grisha: Are you sure, Mikasa?

Mikasa: I am, without a doubt.

Carla: Are you ok with this, (Y/n)?

(Y/n): I-I don't mind, I just don't want to be even more of a bother.

Mikasa: You're not a bother.

Eren: Yeah, it's actually nice to have another kid around; especially one from outside the walls!

(Y/n): I-I'm flattered by all of you...I wish there was something more that I could do to help.

Carla: Mikasa, put the boy down back in the chair please.

The girl did as the beautiful woman asked; gently sitting me back on the dinner table chair. Carla softly approached, bending down to where she was directly at eye level with me. I felt my heart race at the woman's look, her gorgeous gleaming caramel eyes gazing into mine with a warm smile on her soft pink lips. She gently brushed some stray strands of hair out of my face, lightly pinching my left cheek as she did so.

     Carla: (Y/n), you never have to worry about being a bother or burden. As far as we're concerned, you're part of the family now. You're welcome here for as long as you want. Especially after how you helped Eren and Armin.

What happened next was so...odd. I was clearly very overwhelmed by the serene beauty of the angel in front of me. Her cupping my left cheek like an angelic caregiver. I...had never experienced this before. Not from Marley or even my own parents. The prospect of having an actual family was so amazing to me that I was overwhelmed by emotion.

I felt a tear stream down my face, and then another, one from each eye. I was stunned for a few seconds before Carla immediately hugged me as more tears streamed down my face. Yet...I wasn't sobbing, nor was a sad. Are these tears because I'm...happy?

I nuzzled into Ms Carla's shoulder and further into her embrace. As she gently swayed back and fourth, calming me. It wasn't long before I felt Eren walk up and hug me from the left. It was a wonderful, wholesome feeling that I had never felt much before.

After a few moments in the hug, they separated from me. I wiped the tears from my face with my sleeve as they both smiled.

     (Y/n): S-Sorry, I'm just not used to all this. I've...never had an actual full family before.

     Eren: Well, you do now! So you'll never have to be alone again.

     (Y/n): I know I've said it already, but thank you all—

I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

Carla: Feeling tired?

(Y/n): A bit...

Carla: *chuckles* Poor dear, you still need rest. Mikasa, please take (Y/n) to his room and make sure he's comfortable.

Before I could even respond, Mikasa had picked me up once again and was carefully carrying me down the hall to the bedroom. I still couldn't get over how strong she was. She made me feel like a paperweight with how effortlessly she could lift and carry me.

     Once we got to the room, she walked in and gently sat me down on the bed. She pulled the blankets and quilt up over me and tucked me in.

     Mikasa: There, you should be kept properly warm now.

     (Y/n): Thank you, Mikasa.

     A small but sweet smile made it's way onto her face.

     Mikasa: You're welcome, (Y/n). I hope you feel welcome here.