The start.

We were walking to school the sky dark,it was 6am and Ivan walked next to me while scrolling on his phone in silence. Birds started to chirp and I felt a slight surge of annoyance and put my headphones on to tune out the sound. Today seemed like any other day. I saw the one brick house that I remembered seeing every day when I walk back and to school. It was almost like everyday repeated around this time of the year. The air was cold and crispy and my throat hurt from breathing. The clouds caused the streets to be darker and it looked as if it was sunset rather than sunrise. I looked at the ground below me. The rough sidewalk with grass growing in between the cracks and as soon as I crossed the street I heard chatter and talking.

We had arrived to school. I went to put my things away not saying a word to Ivan since he was lost in his phone. I went to my locker and typed in the code '775397'. My eyes droop and I grab my algrebra book from my locker. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and a rough shove. I already knew it was a group of people passing by since there was a lot of chatter for a moment.

I walk to class but everything felt slow and my ears rung. I swallow and start walking up the stairs that I use as my daily workout. Letting out soft grunts of exhaustion and finally I reached the fourth floor. My platforms clacked against the tiles on the ground like the sound of a keyboard. My facial muscles didn't move and I stood in front of the classroom door mentally preparing myself as I stepped into the classroom. The teacher was in the middle of a lecture but I already knew everything.

I sat next to Ivan and put my book and pencil pouch down and I held his hand and put my head down.
"Are you okay?" Ivan spoke,his voice deep and slightly lower than a whisper and his expression had a soft tint of worry to it like always. I ignored his words and just opened my eyes to look at the dark wooden table my face was close to pressing against. "Ida!" He whisper yelled gently nudging me. I felt annoyed of his persistence.

I look at him with a blank and low expression "what?" My voice was serene and slightly more quiet than usual. Ivan gestured to what he had just asked. I paused and then remembered. "Yes." I nodded. My head felt heavy and I rested the side of my head on his shoulder. I didn't want to shut my eyes because the teacher would bewail about it. The teacher passed out a paper with some geometry questions on it. Not like I would do it even if it was easy.

I sat back up in my seat but suddenly there was a loud annoying siren. And an amber alert blared from everyone's phone. The kids that were secretly on their phone flinched,bringing a smile to my face. I look at my phone and read the message with a caution symbol next to it. Everyone else including the teacher looked at her phone.

Certainly! Please note that an Amber Alert is a specific type of emergency alert system used for child abductions. For a zombie apocalypse or rapid infection scenario, a different type of alert would be more appropriate, such as a public safety or emergency broadcast alert. However, here's an example of a public safety alert for a zombie apocalypse or rapid infection:

---

**PUBLIC SAFETY ALERT**

**URGENT: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE/ RAPID INFECTION**

<<Reports of a rapid and dangerous outbreak of a highly infectious pathogen leading to individuals displaying symptoms consistent with aggressive and zombie-like behavior have been confirmed in Brooklyn .The situation is rapidly escalating and poses an extreme threat to public safety.

Affected individuals are exhibiting signs of disorientation, aggression, and violent behavior. They may also show physical symptoms such as severe wounds, bloodstains, and disfiguration. It is imperative to avoid any contact with these individuals as they pose a significant risk of transmitting the contagion. >>

__________________________________
At first I was in shock. My eyes jolted to Ivan and he was already looking at me with a horrified expression. People started panicking and running out of the classroom. I started packing my things up. I couldn't think straight. I tried not to panic but I felt my heartbeat quicken and Ivan grabbed my wrist and started to run with his backpack on his back. We ran outside of the school seeing the principal and security guards running out with weapons. I felt Ivan squeeze my hand and we started running to hear screams behind us. I stopped to look behind me.

I got a glimpse of a man attacking a woman with blood scattered across his face and his eyes were bloodshot. Before I could watch the whole scene Ivan started to drag me again. We ran into my house and my mom and little brother were packing their things. "Mom! We have to go!" I shouted in a panicked tone. Ivan then spoke "I have to go home to make sure my sister is okay. I'll be back okay?" He said running out of the house.

By the time we finished packing and were all together my mom started to car. I held Ivan's hand tight and my mom started to drive over the speed limit. In the moment I didn't care. I hugged Ivan tightly and he rubbed my back. My brother and Ivan's sister were sitting in the very back. Mom took a sharp turn.

CLIFFHANGER!
SORRY NOT SORRY<3
966 WORDS! YIPEE