chapter two.

TOUCH OF EVIL,
welcome home, rashaad.

         IT HAD MARKED a complete week to Saint's in the small town of North Carolina, and hadn't began to prosper the words to describe her feel towards the small city

        IT HAD MARKED a complete week to Saint's in the small town of North Carolina, and hadn't began to prosper the words to describe her feel towards the small city. For the most part, Saint stayed secluded in her room, decorating her room to her liking.

She attempted to make the room the best she could, the best she could she make it feel like home. Although, nothing could've compared to the feel she had to return.

The transition to California to Charolette hadn't been to what Saint could prepare for. It was no surprise that Saint had quite the adjustment to enter to grow comfortable in the such environment.

She'd grown quite a liking whilst a disliking towards the town of North Carolina — she liked the fact that she'd been in the space of small city, which she hadn't experience before, and it seemed much more quiet and calm to her.

In the surrounding, everyone had known everyone. All the mothers had conversed with one another at their children's sporting games, town hall meetings, Sunday Services amongst large town events.

Whilst the fathers — had talked amongst themselves upon every and anything. The children of all ages had taken acknowledge into each other but had separated with their own kind of friendship groups.

Saint looked around her minimalist bedroom, admiring the fact that she was able to conquer the comparison to her previous bedroom. Her orbs landed upon a single frame on her dresser, walking over to it — she grabbed ahold of it, admiring the pictured frame.

The frame showcased and protected a square printed picture of her and her father when she was the cusp of five months old.

The tiny infant smiled bright with her chubby miniature fingers placed in her hand, in glee to be in the presence of her father. Her father held her up ahead, closest to his face where he smiled bright, himself. She missed her father deeply, and his death broke her.

She hadn't known much upon the night of his passing, but it had seemed all of a blurry, dark night. Although, the flashback had often came to her vividly.

"Come on, Saint! I do have to hurry up and get to work! You know if I'm late, that's your ass!" She heard her brother call out, jingling his keys of the 1984 Monte Carlo, their father had gifted him ahead of his passing.

"I—I'm coming! I'm sorry!" She wiped her single tear in a quick instant, placing the frame back onto the surface of her dresser. She grabbed ahold of her bag, immediately dashing through the door.