Chapter 1: My New Beginning

The moon was at it highest basking the land in its essence. Stars scattered about the night sky making the land even more clear to see.

My fur ruffled in a fast pace as the wind blew the flowers away from their stems. It was in a swirled motion then expanding making the petals scatter through the wind to a new land.

The air was quiet and still as if it was waiting for something.

Waiting at the edge of the forest was cold steel eyes basking the shadows as it watches me.

The beast moves with slow moment as it revealed it giant slender body. Black fur. Power radiating as it walks closer.

The wolf raises its snout beginning in a howl. It was heard across the land.

More flowers were taken from the land blocking the black beast.

No more of the howl. The flowers disappated leaving no more of the wolf.

Those dark blue eyes burning into my memory.

~

"Hello beautiful", my older brother, Xander said to his mate Serina.

"Hello handsome", she replied with a smile smile.

Xander rubbed her stomach lovely as she carried the heir to the Alpha title. Ever since Xander found out he double the security making me and my bestfriend/sister, Melody Spark, her personal body guards.

"Sis you know to protect her.", my older brother giving a stern look.

"Yes I do. I won't let anything happen to her even if it costs my life", I replied.

Xander nods his head and walks away with Serina.

Our pack the, Rising Sun, just moved for Los Angeles to Montana I guess you could say for more protection. We aren't a weak pack but its better to have a little more protection from the packs in this area. Especially one.

My name was Laila Glass. The strongest warrior of this pack. Everyone over the United States knew and feared me. They say my footsteps are silent and my kills are quick and deathly. My snow white hair is splayed with their blood and my icy blue eyes pierced through their soul as they take their final breath.

Only 20 years old standing at 5'9 and I'm one of most feared she wolves. My wolf, Snow, was given that name from the Moon Goddess because of white fur always blended with the snow.

I have yet to find my mate. Usually she wolves find their mate at 18 years old. Male wolves find their mate at 16. Unlike my brother he found her when he was 21.

Five months later of their meeting she was pregnant. Everyone was excited. They had their new Alpha till he becomes age.

I decided to go outside as the snow fell in a slow manner. I stood outside as the new smells fill my senses.

The fresh smell of becoming winter, the pine, the land itself.

My ears picked up the distant sound of birds chirping, the swarming of the winds, and the distant sound of a howl that sent chills throughout my body.

The howl held so much power that it would stop people in its wake.

It was from the Dark Moon pack.

It was the strongest pack that has ever lived.

Their size.

Their built.

Their numbers.

They were considered monsters.

The warriors were ruthless. Had no sympathy as they kill. Showed no emotions. Just lust for blood.