Chapter 5

You know those moments when you feel like the whole world is against you? Felt like nobody was on your side and you were completely defenceless? I was currently having one of them. After I posted a picture on Instagram and Twitter, somebody sent me a link to a tumblr page. On this said page, we're several entries about me...

She's a whore, I don't see why people ship her with Ross #rauraforever

She's like a lost puppy, all she does is follow them around! Get a life!

There were so many more hateful words, as I put my phone down on my lap and look down at my crossed legs. I could hear the laughs and screams as they rest of my friends were jumping of the cliff, but I didn't really feel up to it anymore. Ross was sitting down in front of me, so I wipe my tears and make sure he can't tell I've been crying and walk over to him.
"Hey." I say quietly, smiling down at him. He looks up with a confused face and then frowns, moving his towel along his shoulders and holding his arm out to the side. Sighing, I sit down next to him, as he wraps his arm and the soft cloth around me.
"What's up, buttercup?" Lying my head on his shoulder, he rubs my arm up and down, his attempt to make me laugh working. It seems that he always seems to know when I'm upset or about to have panic attack, which I don't know how he knows. Passing him my phone, he unlocks it, since he knows my password, as he finds the page and I watch his face as he reads through the opinions on me.
"I-" Ross stutters, turning to see me looking back at him. "Maia, these people are not apart of the R5 family, if they hurt you then their hurting me. You know not a word of it is true."
"No, I don't know. They all think that about me Ross, maybe I shouldn't visit you guys on tour." Mumbling quietly to myself, I look down at my feet but he quickly tilts my chin back to face him.
"If you don't visit me, I mean us on tour, I'll personally put you in my suitcase and bring you with me." He states, making me smile, a small laugh escaping my mouth. "See, your smile just makes you one hundred times more beautiful and they can't take your happiness away from you. They're just jealous because you are my adorable, awesome, wonderful, beautiful and sometimes idiotic, best friend, who is not a single word of what they claim you are."
"How to do you always make me feel better?" I laugh, wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging him tight.
"The same why you know how to make me feel better, I just do." He shrugs, smiling hugely at me. We both scream as a huge amount of water, splashes over our heads, causing us and the towel to become drenched.
"Did you get it?" Rocky shouts over to Rydel, who was standing with her go pro as him and Ryland stand behind us with the now empty ice cooler which they had filled up with water. Suddenly, were hit by even more as Riker and Brandon run over and spray us with water guns.
"I was your human pillow, now your my human shield!" Ross announces, pulling me onto his lap and hiding behind me.
"Hey! That was not in the terms and conditions agreement!" I attempt to escape his grasp but he's too strong.
"Well you should have read the update!" He counters, whining as more water is frown over our heads.
"Oh, fuck it!" I yell escaping his grasp and running over to the edge. Letting out a huge whoop, I dive swiftly of the edge, flipping on the way. And for those few moments, I'm flying, like Peter Pan over London. It was inevitable I would fall, but before I did, I got to soar, which was all that really counted.
My face hits the cool water, make my whole body relax after the humidity of the day and I let myself float for a while before resurfacing. Only to be hit by a huge wave of water as my six friends and brother jump in after me, along with my best friends girlfriend.
We all begin to splashing water at each other, and throwing each other into oncoming waves. I'm so glad that they moved next door to me twelve years ago because if not, I would still be the girl who hid away from the world because she was different.
"Shit, it's freezing." Brandon rubs his arms up an down after a while as we all stand shivering.
"Well, we could go back to the camp fire because I'm pretty sure a certain someone hasn't played for us yet..." Ross smirks, looking at me. I shake my head but he nods. "You said you would now let's go."
When we get out of the water, my hands were shaking like crazy and Ross looks over to me, frowning. He grabs my hand and pulls me back from the group.
"What are you so afraid of?" Shaking his head, Ross looks at me sympathetically.
"The whole, everybody laughing at me and thinking I'm a joke. Or when everyone tells you it's actually good and they build you up a bunch of confidence and then you try to do something with it, get pushed down and feel like an idiot because-"
"Hey?" He stops me from rambling on, putting his hands on both my shoulders. I huff out a breath and look at him reluctantly. "Do you think I would purposely put you in a position like that? Maia, you are amazing at what you do and the world needs to hear what you have to say. Everyone here loves you and I promise you, no one will laugh."
"Yeah, you forget the part of Casey hating me. She will." Folding my arms, I stand my ground.
"Come on, she doesn't hate you." He retaliates, but I raise my eyebrows at him. "Okay, maybe she dislikes you-"
"Strongly."
"Maybe she strongly dislike you," Ross rolls his eyes. "But I'll make sure she plays nice."
"Fine, but when I have an emotional break down, it's your fault."
-----------------
~Maia singing around the fire~
"From walking home and talking loads
To seeing shows in evening clothes with you
From nervous touch and getting drunk
To staying up and waking up with you

But now we're slipping at the edge
Holding something we don't need
All this delusion in our heads
Is gonna bring us to our knees

So come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

Everything that's broke
Leave it to the breeze
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

And I'll be me

From throwing clothes across the floor
To teeth and claws and slamming doors at you
If this is all we're living for
Why are we doing it, doing it, doing it anymore

I used to recognize myself
It's funny how reflections change
When we're becoming something else
I think it's time to walk away

So come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

Everything that's broke
Leave it to the breeze
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

And I'll be me

Trying to fit your hand inside of mine
When we know it just don't belong
There's no force on earth
Could make me feel right, no

Whoa

Trying to push this problem up the hill
When it's just too heavy to hold
Think now's the time to let it slide

So come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

Everything that's broke
Leave it to the breeze
Let the ashes fall
Forget about me

Come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

And I'll be me"
I didn't look at anyone during the whole duration of my song, the ground was far more comforting. Ross was next to me the whole time, his hand comfortingly on the small of my back. When I do finally look up, everyone was staring at me with there mouths open.
"Was I really that crap?" My heart sinks and they all immediately protest.
"That was the most inspiring song I've heard in a long long time." Rocky grins walking over to me, he takes the guitar and engulfs me in a hug.
"Seriously when did you start writing songs like that?" Ellington chuckles, joining the hug. Soon enough everyone was having a massive group hug, and praising me. Making me feel good about myself for once in my life. But one voice whispers something in my ear and a huge smile breaks over my face.
"I knew you could do it."