Chapter 3

"Wake up!" I hear somebody shout in my ear. Sitting up straight in my bed, I rub my eyes and look at Rydel who was laughing her ass off.
"Bitch." I mumble, laying back down and pulling my blanket up to my chin. "What time is it?"
"It is currently 8 am and were going exploring so get your butt out of bed!" She pushes me slightly as I groan.
"Okay Dora, where are we exploring?" Rolling my eyes, I throw off the covers and make my way over to the wardrobe.
"We're gonna go to the cliffs by the beach. So put on your swim suit." I obliged, putting on my black bikini with a white flowly shirt on top. I pulled on a pair of shorts and leave my hair down with no makeup on. Once again slipping on my flip flops, I quickly throw a towel and a few other bits into bag, before running downstairs.
"I win!" Ross laughs as he sees me, holding out his hand to Riker.
"What?" I ask confused as Riker hands him a twenty dollar bill, in a very reluctant manner.
"We bet on how long you would take." Riker mutters in anger. I laugh and head other to the fridge. "How did you know that?"
"You can't beat me bro, she's my best friend." Ross counters, shrugging his shoulders. Taking the orange juice out, I turn around and tilt my head to side slightly.
"You sure don't look like Rydel. Being a girl would make a start." I tease him.
"BURN!!" Ratliff shouts as Ross stands up and makes his way over to me with a devilish smirk.
"Oh God!" I shout before running as way as his pace quickens. Easily catching me, he throws me down onto the couch. "No!" As he starts tickling my stomach, my feet start kicking as I try to escape his grasp.
"Stop!" I whine, feeling out of breath.
"Not until you apologise!" He chuckles.
"I'm sorry!" Squirming to break free, I give in. He's smiles before pulling away and sitting back down next to Riker. "That was mean." Pouting, I get up and return to the kitchen to have my Orange juice.
"I'm sorry," he pouts. "But will you beg me an orange juice?"
"Here loser." I roll my eyes and pass him his glass of orange juice.
"Your the best loser, I love you too!" He grins at me and I can't help but smile back. "When are we going?"
"The minute his girlfriend gets her ass ready." Rydel mumbles to me, making smirk slightly and nudge her in the side. Soon enough we were piled into the cars. Riker, Rydel, Ross, Casey and I all the went in one car and, much to Casey's annoyance, started singing along to songs after we connected Ross' phone to the stereo.
"I know a good song." He smirks to himself, scrolling through his phone. A few seconds later we are all singing along to The Lion King.
"This is why everybody still thinks we're 4." I chuckle, messing up his hair.
"If I can't rock out to Disney with my best friend, who am I supposed to do it with?" The huge grin on his face makes it impossible for me not to return it. "Plus The Lion King is your favourite Disney film after Peter Pan and Alice In Wonderland."
"It's seriously scary how much you two know about eachother." Rydel teases us.
"Excuse me? Best friends for 12 years?"
"Still, I've known him his whole life and you probably know more than me." Riker raises his eyebrows at us. I give him a quick look of 'his girlfriend is in the car right now and looks like she's about to kill me.'. They might think we like each other but why doesn't anyone accept we are just friends.
"Where are we even going?" Casey asks grumpily, leaning into Ross' arm. As Ross puts his arm around Casey's shoulder, she gives me a smug look which I just shrug off.
"The beach, theirs a few cliffs by it so we can hang out over there." Riker answers.
"So we have to walk there?" She whines, throwing her head back in disappointment.
"Unless you have a unicorn to carry you up there." Fed up of her negative attitude, I grumble and lean my head against my hand which was rested on the side on the car. Glancing over, Casey gives me what me and Delly call the 'drop dead bitch' stare and Ross is trying not to laugh at my comment.
"Wait I have a better song." Ross laughs as he scrolls through his phone. Soon enough the Pokemon theme tune is on, causing Riker to laugh loudly as me and Ross begin shouting the words and dancing in the back.
"What on earth were we thinking when we let these to sit together." Rydel groans, watching us.
"I WILL TRAVEL ACROSS THE LAND
SEARCHING FAR AND WIDE
EACH POKEMON TO UNDERSTAND
THE POWER THATS INSIDE!" Me and Ross sing at the top of our voices. I loved it when we could just mess around like this. Since Casey came into the picture, we don't do this very often. I love my best friend.
-------------------------
"Ugh, can't we just stay on the beach." Casey groans as we hike up the cliffs on the beach. Her and Ross were holding hands as they walked, about seven metres behind us all. Still on the beach were all of our parents who decided to let us have our fun.
"What's the fun in that? We can do that at home?" Rydel rolls her eyes as me and her walk with out arms linked.
"It's not even that far." Rocky adds on, as Ratliff jumps on his back and they begin racing Riker, Brandon and Ryland to the top.
"We are such kids." Chuckling, me and Rydel begin running as well. Once we reach the top, the breathtaking view brings a smile to my face. Nobody else was here, only us. As the boys start a game of soccer me, Delly and Casey (much to our despair) sat under a tree.
"Charlotte, you not playing?" Ross grins at me as he throws the ball to Ryland. As much as I want to play, I couldn't leave Delly alone with Casey.
"Maybe later." I tell him.
Taking off my shirt and shorts so I was left in my bikini, I watch the boys as they have a game of soccer, in which their were no rules. Ross, Brandon and Riker were playing Rocky and Ryland. Halfway through the game, I jump up and steal the ball of Ross as he was about to shoot a goal.
"Hey!" He laughs, running after me as I run to the other goal, dodging Riker and Brandon before scoring a goal for there team. As Ross glares at me, he picks me up by the waist as I struggle to escape his grip.
"Put me down!" I screech as he runs with me to the cliffs edge, where the deep blue ocean was bellow.
"Woo!" He yells as he jumps of with me still in his arms. Laughing he lets go as we reach the waters edge. Deciding to tease him, I hold my breath and stay under the water, lying on my back. Soon enough he's dragging me up by my arm; I keep my eyes shut and let my whole body go limp.
"Maia?" He asks frantically, beginning to move us towards shore. I open my rues and quickly tackle him, wrapping my arms around his neck and pushing us both back into the blue waves, as he lets out a high pitched scream
"You just scared the shit out of me, you little bitch! I thought you were dead!" He splashes water in my face as we resurface. To avoid the slashing, I put my hands in front on my face and quickly apologise.
"Okay! Okay ! I'm sorry!" Putting my hands up in surrender, he rolls his eyes at me.
"Don't do that again." He warns, making me giggle. "I don't know whether to be angry or relived."
"Woah Shor, you really do love me don't you?" I reply smugly, obviously joking around. As I fold my arms in front of my chest he sighs loudly.
"It's a good job too or you might actually be dead right now." Muttering I laugh and put arms around his chest as we both tread water.
"I'm sorry, I won't do it again." Feeling his grin, his arms snake around my shoulders as he pulls me closer.
"You better not. I can't lose the only person I know who understands my hardcore passion for Pokemon." God what idiots we are.