You let your vision drift over to your sleeping brother and your eyes softened upon his sight. With a deep breath, you tried to get over the heavy feeling in your chest and finally made it to the last room, that was separated from the other two.

Shoto's room.

Well, it used to be your room too, but not anymore.

The moment you entered, you could already feel yourself getting hit with a wave of nostalgia. It seemed like it was just yesterday when Shoto would beg you to teach him more kanji, or you both would play Heroes vs Villains.

Or when he'd cry in your arms because he didn't like the training Enji would make him go through.

It's almost like it was yesterday... but it wasn't yesterday. Three years had passed and you were sure Shoto must have gotten somewhat used to your absence–is what you had initially thought.

Until you walked closer to his sleeping figure on the futon and rested your gaze upon him. Almost immediately, your eyes began to water at the sight.

There laid Shoto, deep in sleep and curled up in order to warm himself. But what stood out to you the most was the book buried in his arm that he held close to his chest, almost like a child would hold onto a stuffed animal.

Except this book... was the last one you were reading before your death.

God, it hurts to see them like this... It hurts to see your family suffering like this and you being unable to help because you have your hands tied by necessity...

The necessity to protect them.

Forgive me, Shoto... I'm sorry. I'm so damn sorry... I'm sorry that I was born your sister.

You thought as you watched the rise and fall of his chest. Tears slowly dripping down your scarred cheeks, but not a single sound left your throat in fear that it would wake him up. Instead, you muffled your sobs by covering your mouth with your hand.

Had it been someone else to be your sister, I'm sure you would have lived a happier life. Had it been someone else... I'm sure they could have done something to help this fucked up family...

But unfortunately for you, you only know how to destroy, not protect.

You don't know if you blame yourself for the downfall of the Todoroki family, because it was already doomed thanks to Enji. But perhaps, if it had been anyone else to get reincarnated, none of this would have happened.

Maybe they would have found a way to help everyone. Unlike you, who was too busy running away from your past to notice what the others were going through.

But at last, what's done is done. You know that Shoto won't be unharmed here, but at least he would be alive. You can't say the same if you make the decision to stay.

I hope he grows up strong and healthy... My only wish is for him to be happy. That's all I want.

And so, with one last look at your sleeping twin, you finished saying your goodbyes and finally...

You let go of the Todoroki family.

————

When you arrived at the aforementioned meetup spot, Touya was already there waiting for you. You took notice of the new jacket he was doning, along with a few wads of cash in his hands and the small pack of rice balls.

Oh right... Food and money

God, you really are losing your grip, huh? That a 16-year old is making better and more rational decisions than you. You must have really lost your mind–