Chapter 1

Danny Noppert's Point of View

17th June 2023

World cup... Everyone love World Cup... Everyone wants to play for their nation.

I want to as well, but things aren't fantastic at the moment. We were trailing 7-6 against Belgium. I stepped up to the oche and started throwing. Treble 20... Treble 20... Treble 18! 174! That left 36 for Dirk. Now we just need to hope that Belgium doesn't check out 170. Thankfully they didn't. Three darts for Dirk to level up the game and force a deciding leg. He missed the first one, but hit the second one. He walked up to me and bumped really hard into me. Then he turned around and walked back up to get his darts. I bit my lip, that really hurt. I couldn't focus very well in the last leg. All I could think was that it hurt like hell.

Dimitri is stood looking into the crowd, I understood why. I wouldn't be able to concentrate with all the noise either. He has matchdarts. Double 16. They deserved it more than uss, but I still hoped he'd miss it. I didn't want to look, I just listened. "Game shot and the match, Belgium!" the caller said. I was so frustrated with how I played, I felt it was my fault we lost. After congratulating the Belgiums and shaking hands with everyone, me and Dirk walked off stage. "I'm sorry Dirk, it's my fault we lost." I said. "No it's not, they were just better at taking their opportunities." he said with a calm voice even though I could clearly see how frustrated he was at the moment. All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I stopped walking and started taking heavy and quick breaths. Dirk turned his head and looked at me. "Are you okay Danny? You almost look like you're gonna cry. If it's cause we lost it's not a big deal." Dirk said attempting to calm me down. "I- I'm fine." I said starting to breathe normally again and removing the hand. That's a lie, a fricking lie. My girlfriend cheated on me with some other guy. Or well I guess my ex then. We grabbed our stuff and headed back to the hotel room.

I closed the hotel door softly and slid down to the floor. I buried my head in my knees and starting crying. Nothings new. Almost everyday now. "I'm such a loser..." I said quietly. After a few more minutes of crying, I felt like I was going to pass out. And I did.

Dirk van Duijvenbode's Point of View

I couldn't sleep. I was pissed that we lost, but it was not Danny's fault. He even apologized. I heard a 'ping' sound from my phone. I picked up and saw Michael had texted me. I read the message. 

'You still up?' - Michael

'Yeah, why?' - Dirk

'You should've won earlier, and you would've if it weren't for your bad teammate.' - Michael

'Don't put the weight on Danny, he tried his best.' - Dirk

'I hope you get past him on the rankings soon so I can play World Cup again.' - Michael

'I'm going to sleep.' - Dirk

'Okay.' - Michael

I put my phone away and stared shocked up on the ceiling. Michael puts his operations on World Cup to avoid playing with Danny?? Does Danny know that? I'll ask him tomorrow, he's probably already asleep. I started feeling really tired and eventually fell asleep.