Chapter 17

Chapter 17

“Call the guards!” Lia shouted to the nurse.

I didn’t get to move after seeing the bloods oozing from his arms down to her hands.

“You! You’re a murderer!” Grandma sobbed.

Shit. Not now please.

“Alessia? Are you okay?” Lia asked with a worried tone.

I paled and held her hand in a tight manner. A tear fell from my eyes as I look at her eyes.

“The. . . blood. It reminded me again.” I whispered, almost out of breath.

“Lia, get her out of here.” It was Grayson.

“Fuck. Nurse! Where’s the nurse and guards here?!” She shouted in frustration.

I wanted to go near him but I can’t. I can’t look at his blood. It reminded me of my past.

I bit my lower lip and did the calm breathing Grayson taught me.

She hugged me.

“Calm down, Alessia. Let’s get out of here.”

I clenched into her coat.

“What about him?”

“He’ll be fine, okay? Let’s head out.”

I nodded and did the calm breathing again. I don’t want to panic especially when he’s in pain. I should get a hold of myself.

We went to outside and my grip tightened after seeing bunch of guards that reminded me of my dad so she covered my eyes with her palms and guided me.

I was sweating bullets and my breathing is furious as if it cannot get enough air with just an inhale.

She stopped walking as well as I did.

“Are you sweating? Do you feel hot?”

I nodded so she unzipped my jacket off and wiped the sweats on my forehead.

“It’s okay, Alessia. Don’t panic. I’m right here.”

I opened my eyes and she was being gentle with me. We were inside one of the rooms and I don’t know where we are but I want to hide. I want to hide to protect myself.

“Help me. . .” I whispered as tears starts to make their way again.

She nodded and smiled at me.

“I’ll help you. I’ll help you heal. Don’t worry.”

I’m so sick of having episode every day and every hour. Little by little I’m draining along with the hopeless thoughts cascading into the pit of being stuck in a lifetime of darkness and past.

When will this end? When will I get over it all?

I’m so sick of battling against the demons in my thoughts.

It was hours. It was hours before I calmed down. It’s just hard without him. I was having a hard time coping with the flashbacks. Calming down then once again, attacking. I’m so sick. I felt hopeless.

“Where’s he?” I asked Lia.

She was beside me the whole time, the whole hour of me calming down.

“Are you now okay?”

I nodded so she nodded too and smiled.

“Let’s go. The nurse told me that he’s currently resting in a hospital room. Don’t worry, he won’t be confined.”