; john dory // "im sorry," ☀️ HUMAN AU

Почніть із самого початку

"promise?" he squinted, with pleading eyes. i gulped, slowly nodding.

"yeah," i mumbled.

he simply nodded in return. turning away, he walked to the door.

he glanced back at us once more, before leaving.

i turned to baby branch. he ran up to me, hugging my legs.
i picked him up.

"what am i gonna do..?" i whispered. feeling a boil in my head.

i was angry.

..and sad.

[ 2nd person pov ]

years passed.
you were only a teen, taking care of a child, but it pleased you to see branch grow up.

but you were still upset.
why did they leave..?
.
.
how could they leave..        us?

a lot has happened though.
branch's granny had sadly..passed.. (let's pretend she wasn't eaten tho, since this is a human au 😭)
you was out getting food while it happened, you came back and found the little young boy.. he seemed grey-ish??..
hiding in the forest.

branch never seemed to be happy after that, you tried to do my best. but you never really left like you did much.

that was until he met a girl, princess poppy.

who soon became queen poppy.

and everything was looking brighter from there.

sure you guys did have struggles. but it worked out!!

..until they all came back.

it was sudden, it happened in what only felt like a day.

but one by one, they all came back.

and now everyone is living happily and peacefully on vacation island!!! happily ever after, right??
.
.
no?.

you're still mad.
you're still upset.
you're still salty.
but you have a right to feel that way.
and it seems like nobody gets that you do.
because anytime you show slight rudeness or sourness towards them, it's like you're a villain.

however you have slowly forgiven then.
you've sorta forgiven all the brothers!.. except for one.
JD.

[ y/ns pov ]

"c'monnn y/n! come out! have some fun with us!" JD nudged me, as i tried to get away through the hallways.
john was trying to get me to come out to the restaurant part of the island to party with everyone else, but i wasn't feeling up to it.
it seemed like he couldn't take 'no' for an answer, he kept pestering me.

"no johnnie, i'm tired. but thanks anyways," i made an excuse. also calling him 'johnnie', i know he hates the silly nickname.

"no, do NOT start with that." john huffs. groaning at the sound of the nickname. i lightly scoffed.

he then wrapped his arm around my shoulder, as we walked. he got back on 'topic'.

"it'll be fun though! besides, it can be a 'thank you' for taking care of baby branch for all these years!" he grins.

"a 'thank you' would be to leave me alone. and branch isn't a baby any more, y'know he doesn't like being called that." i slightly scowled.
"well you know i don't like being called johnnie! hmmm?" he hums.
"you aren't listening. just leave me alone.  ... please." i mumbled. but he grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"y/nnnnn.." he whined (like a MAN tho. 💪 -even tho he's acting like a child 😒)

"no, i said i'm tired," i responded.