28 | unexpected act

Start from the beginning

I realised keeping things like this private - especially if it's regarding Mattheo Riddle - is the best option. I do trust Pansy and Astoria with pretty much everything, but I don't want people assuming we're a thing.

"So..." Pansy says with a menacing look on her face. "You going to see him later then?" She nudges me, raising her brows.

"No guys. You know what type of guy he is. He just wants a quick fuck and then to have me gone." I tell them and Tori groans.

"But he's different with you." She tells me.

"He's not. Trust me."

"Jaya, he doesn't pay more then two seconds of attention to any other girl, but you? He actually speaks to you." Pansy explains and I sigh.

I know what Mattheo wants from me, I've seen it in my dreams, and I forbid myself from falling into his trap. I kinda already have once or twice...

I catch myself actually falling for the times he's nice to me. And I never know whether to believe it's genuine or not... I guess it was. But it doesn't make up for the fact that he has horrible intentions.

***

"I'll pay you twenty galleons Wheezy, I really need those chocolates." Mattheo whispers to one of the kitchen elves, hoping not to get caught.

"Wow... that's a lot of money Mr Riddle." The elf says in amazement.

"Exactly. So if you just whip me up a box of those amazing chocolates you make, that'd be great."

"But Sir... you know I'd lose my job if I got caught." He says worriedly, followed by a cough.

"Wheezy you've done favours for me multiple times before and nobody has ever caught you. I assure you, it won't happen this time." Mattheo reassures him, getting slightly impatient.

"Fine... as long as you tell me who the chocolates are for." The elf smiles mischievously, coughs again, and Mattheo rolls his eyes and sighs, giving in.

"For a friend."

"Special friend?"

"Yes, special friend." Mattheo replies.

"Special girl friend?" He coughs for the third time.

"Not girlfriend. But friend who is a girl."

"Meh, that's too complicated to understand." The elf shrugs. "Surely if she's a girl, and if she's your friend, she must be your gir-"

"Wheezy." Mattheo says sternly and a flicker of fear shows in the poor elf's eyes.

"On it sir." He says and quickly uses his powers to gather up some ingredients and within a couple of moments, he hands Mattheo a heart shaped box, tied with a pink ribbon.

"Perfect." Mattheo smiles. "I'll see you later lad."

Riddle scurries out of the kitchen, the sound of Wheezy's coughs getting further and further away, as he makes his way onto the courtyard, where there are a bunch of first years trying to make their way to lesson.

Frustrated, he weaves his way through them, until someone bumps right into him, resulting in the chocolate box falling onto the ground.

"Oi! Watch where you're going!" Mattheo exclaims, and angrily picks up the box off of the floor, and brushes off the snow that touched it. He lets out a sigh of relief, realising that the box is fine, and didn't spill open. "Thank Merlin."

***

5:21 pm

My eyes flicker open to find myself in my warm bed, and pings from my phone gaining my attention. I sit up and stretch, and rub my eyes, recalling the dream I just had.

Why did he get a box of chocolates? Who were they for?

I let out a yawn, not bothering to dwell on it since I'm basically still half asleep. Having a nap after school is the best decision I make each and every day.

I pick up my phone and look at the message.

creep/mattheo?🥷
jaya
jaya
jaya

Me
how dare u disturb my sleep😔

creep/mattheo?🥷
u were asleep?
my b
but it's worth it
check outside ur door

Me
what is it

creep/mattheo?🥷
uh go have a look?

Me
I'm tired

creep/mattheo?🥷
get up off ur lazy ass n go check it out

Me
fine fine🥱

I stand up and get out of bed, lazily walking towards the door, and opening it. I find nothing or nobody there, and I'm about to close the door shut again when I spot something on the floor.

My heart drops.

I look down at a heart shaped box sat on the floor outside my room, and I instantly let out a gasp.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

NEXT CHAPTERS OUT:
Sunday 14th January 2024

author's note
have 3 my loves🫶🏽