Shakra chuckled, "Maharani Raashi, aren't you aware of how insistant I am with dialogue? How many emisarries have I sent before? 7? That is exactly how much I value dialogue. Alas, I didn't receive a single positive respone previously but you must believe that I am extremely pleased that Maharaj Gokula wishes to have a conversation with me. I will definitely meet him."

Shakra's taunt didn't go unnoticed by Raashi.

"Yuvraj, my father has sent me along with my mother to extend the olive branch on his part. It is only fair that you also extend one to him." Yuvika started, "A spirit that resonates with the idea of an olive branch is sending my brother Adhiman to him."

Shakra sighed loudly, "Rajkumari, Maharaj is so much more older and experienced than me in terms of war. I would have surely sent Adhiman to him if it was upto me but my father, Emperor Shatrujit, is quite harsh in his report request. I am answerable to my father on how I deal with betrayal of war rules. Shatras imphasize that wars should be won fairly. When two princes battle each other, other people or soldiers should be kept out of the scene. I have kept my part true. My father's soldiers who captured the fort hearing of my victory on Rajkumar Adhiman will report about the presence of the archer on the top of the gate, shooting an arrow at me. What should I answer on that part if I am to be gracious in accordance to my own brains? After all, I am subservient to my father, the Emperor of Kalika Empire."

"I would still try to insist that you consider." Yuvika passed him a smile very suggestive that she would extremely pleased if he considered returning the Prince of Krishneri.

"After your victory there is little doubt that Adhiman would be a great friend to you. You shouldn't show any mistrust in my son. Yuvraj. In all prospects, he will be a great friend if we confirm the idea of a peaceful treaty." Raashi tried to insist.

"Maharani, I might try and speak with my father in this prospect but I will surely come to meet Maharaj Gokula about treaty talks."

Shakra sounded clear that their talks will end here and he isn't entertaining more of a conversation with the two of them. His mind was trying to focus on the reason that Mayurakshi hadn't shown up. He expected her along with the two. He thought that she would try to convince him.

The two women stood up and walked out of the tent set up while Shakra just stood to give them a sendoff. He tapped his fingers on the armrest of the chair while wondering about what exactly she was planning.

With the night taking its leap heavy, Shakra sighed and went to his bed. He closed his eyes, still unsure what could have happen. Sleep had slowly begun to overtake him.

A soft flutter of the tent cloth was heard. It could be passed off as the wind but Shakra's mind started to wake up from the sleep. It was erriely quiet. In a reflex, Shakra moved away and narrowly missed the dagger. The attacker's face was covered. The eyes and the area was completely covered with coal. Excessive amount of incesce was used to covered their smell. The attacker wore an armour. Every inch of of the body was covered to not give away any sign of even recognizing them.

Shakra got up and the attacker took off running. Shakra quickly went out and the soldiers almost got themselves ready, "Stand back. I'll handle this." Shakra barked the order and followed personally. Shakra ran behind the attacker. They had reached an almost uninhabited place, a tiny part of the forest that was left from when people cleared the forest to make villages.

Shakra stopped seeing that the attacked hid behind some of the trees. Shakra could tell where the attacker was hiding. The expensive insence was telling that it couldn't be owned by a common soldier or a random assassin. The perfection with which the insence was mixed gave him a inklination about who the attacker was.

She was pretty close but missed him. Manas arrived, "I'll go catch the attacker, don't worry..." Manas was about to go ahead but Shakra stopped him.

"We've lost the attacker already. There's no point. I thought I could handle this but I missed the attacker."

The way Shakra held his arm and said it, Manas too knew. Shakra was protecting her. As long as Shakra stood, no one would ever get to her.

"This is crazy..." Manas whispered

"I don't care. She's my soon to be wife. Its time you learn to be loyal to her too.."

They both spoke without words being heard at all.

"Loyal to someone who wants you dead?"

"How about you let me handle her? I have her in my gasp. Stop being paranoid. She won't be able to kill me."

"Yes, why not. Let's trust the mad man in love not to get themselves dead...."

"Let's go. I think we can't catch him at this darkness anyway." Shakra said loudly, dragged Manas away with him.