Chapter 5: The Lab

!AU: Tsuchi has a human form! !Wilson is afraid of needles!

(Disclaimer: I'm also afraid of needles, and I am aware that everyone reacts differently to the sight of one)

Zali paced in his lab while Tsuchi found Wilson's blood sample.
"Here you are, Vezalius." Tsuchi said, handing Zali the vile. "ありがとう" Zali thanked.
Zali put the vile under a microscope. "Hm...how interesting..." Zali trailed off.
"What is it Vezalius?" Tsuchi asked, transforming into his human form.
"Wilson's blood doesn't seem to have kinetic energy...Tsuchi, how old is this sample?" Vezalius asked.
"Uhm...I believe it's from when you first captured Wilson." Tsuchi said, fiddling with his fingers.
"Do we have anything more resent?" Zali asked. "No sir." Tsuchi said, which made Zali look up from the microscope, staring right at Tsuchi.
"I told you not to call me sir" Zali said, a stern look on his face. "Sorry...it was an accident..." Tsuchi said softly.
"Hm, I see, alright, can you grab me a needle, please?" Zali responded, and Tsuchi nodded quietly.
Tsuchi handed Zali the needle. "Can you go grab Wilson for me?" Zali asked.
"Sure!" Tsuchi said, running out of the lab.

Tsuchi returned with Wilson beside him, and Wilson squeaked when he saw Zali with a needle.
"My love, can you come here a moment?" Zali asked, hiding the needle behind his back.
"N-No I think I'll stay right here." Wilson whimpered, his eyes getting watery as he hid behind Tsuchi.
Zali sighed, "It's ok, I just need a little, tiny sample, it's not big needle, see?". Zali showed Wilson the needle, it was small, but still scary.
Wilson whimpered, shaking his head, a few tears running down his face, and his body growing warm.
"I'll hold you while I do it, just tell what you need so I can do this." Zali offered, reaching his hand out to Wilson.
Wilson sniffled, squeezing his eyes shut, fear was hitting him like a truck, and he started shaking.
Tsuchi noticed this. "Wilson, do you want me to get Vanta? Or do you want something that can numb your arm?"
Wilson shook his head. "No it's not that! I...I'm..." He stammered, trying to find another word than 'afraid', even though that was what he was, but he wasn't going to admit that, nuh-uh.
Zali held Wilson close to him. "It's just going to be for a second, I'm gonna count to 3, ok?" Zali said.
"No!" Wilson cried, tears flooding down his face. "Shhhhh, it's alright." Zali said, pecking a kiss on Wilson's cheek.
Zali really felt bad for doing this, but he needed this sample. He had never seen Wilson cry before, it was odd, but Zali had experience with this exact situation, he was taught this back in his hometown.
"Just talk to me, ok?" Zali said softly, kissing Wilson's head.
Wilson sniffled, his heart still pounding extremely fast.
"Just tell me if Vanta's awake, or what you were doing before Tsuchi brought you here, or talk about something you like, anything, just try to distract yourself, ok?" Zali said, still hiding the needle from Wilson's sight.
"M-M-Mh-Mhm" Wilson sniffled in between hiccups.
"Alright, talk" Zali said, and Wilson started to talk about cats.
Zali softly smiled, he loved it when Wilson spoke about something he liked.
Wilson flinched as Zali poked the needle into him, but he took a deep breath and kept talking, his heart rate growing higher.
When Zali finished only mere seconds later, Wilson sniffled, shaking.
"Good boy, see? Wasn't that easy princess?" Zali praised, kissing Wilson's tear swollen cheek.
"That was so fucking scary" Wilson sobbed as Zali wrapped a bandage around Wilson's arm.
A charge of electricity spun through Wilson at Zali's soft touch, which shocked Zali's hand.
Zali silently winced as he finished bandaging Wilson's arm, taking Wilson in his arms. "Good boy~ you did so well~" Zali praised, kissing Wilson's head.