𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖 : 𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝟙𝟘

Start from the beginning

"Oh," Joo-hyuck made an impressed face, "Maybe I might get to see you in my future games."

"Maybe," Jia smiled back at him. 

"Uhm-" Emily started, "This is Lee Soyeon and her boyfriend Wen Junhui, but we call him Jun. Jun is from China and he came to Korea for his Bachelors. This is Nana. Her mother is the actress, Im Yeojin."

"Oh-" Joo-hyuck's eyes went a little wide as Hwang Minhyun, one of the swimmers from his Seoul National University and the National Team, said, "Oh wow. My mom is a huge fan of Im Yeojin."

Nana looked a bit embarrassed from the sudden unwanted attention on her and smiled politely. 

"And this is Choi Seungcheol. His family own-"

"17 Carat," Joo-hyuck finished, "Yeah, I know."

There is a brief silence as Joo-hyuck and Seungcheol made eye contact and Emily awkwardly continued, "Jia and Seungcheol are together."

Joo-hyuck nods his head in acknowledgment and said, "It's nice to meet all of you." 

The other swimmers from Seoul National University sitting on our table slowly started to make their introductions, not because they wanted to be best friends with Emily and her friends, but more because it is polite thing to do.

As lunch break came to an end, Jia and Seungcheol headed off to the library to study together while Nana, Soyeon and Jun went to their respective classes. Some of the swimmers decided to go to their respective accommodations and unpack, leaving Emily, Nam Joo-hyuck and Hwang Minhyun behind. 

"Uhm-do you guys want me to show you around a bit?" Emily offered, seeing that the two men are not leaving and are instead looking fascinated by everything around here. 

"Would you? I've always wanted to visit the Sebong campus," Minhyun said. 

Emily nodded her head with a smile and said, "Sure. Let me just use the washroom first. Wait here."

She heads off to the washroom to relieve herself and upon quickly returning, she discovers Nam Joo-hyuck standing alone. 

Looking around her surroundings, Emily asks, "Where's Minhyun?"

"Oh-him. He went to find his friend from high school who studies here," Joo-hyuck said, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his track pants, his cross body bag slung across his bag. 

"But he was so excited to get a tour," Emily questions, confused at the sudden change of mind. 

Joo-hyuck shrugged his shoulders and said, "His loss? Who cares. Let's start."

Emily is about to brush it off and begin walking when she notices something. 

"What?" Joo-hyuck asks, noticing the sudden change in demeanor in Emily. 

"Why are you looking like that?" She asks. 

"Looking like what?" Joo-hyuck asked her. 

"Like that," Emily said, "Mischievous. As if you did something naughty."

"Me?" Joo-hyuck feigns surprise, "I did nothing. I just got here." He shoots her an innocent look, letting his dimples bloom to his cheeks. 

Emily tilts her head, "Hmm.."

Joo-hyuck raises his eyebrows, looking a student trying to escape his teacher's punishment.

"Whatever," Emily finally concludes, "Let's go. We don't have too much time anyways. You have practice."

Turning around on her heels, Emily starts heading off outside the cafeteria and with a bright smile that could probably rival the sun, Joo-hyuck follows her out.