Chapter Ninety Eight

****

****

Natalia and her group successfully managed to get out of the hospital. After getting out, they had to go through the crowd of Walkers that surrounded the area just like they had done upon entering. This time, Axel wasn't as calm as he was when a Walker came too close to him when a bottle of vitamins dropped from his bag.

Before a Walker could get a bite of his shoulder, Natalia helped Axel just in time.

Johnny had grabbed the valuable bottle of vitamins from the floor as the four of them fought for their lives. Trying to get out from the circle of Walkers that surrounded them.

With Natalia's strong leadership and Tyreese's strength, the group managed to get out of it alive. Once they were in the clear, the four of them began to catch their breath, wiping the sweat, blood and dirt off of their faces.

Axel made his way to Natalia and wrapped his arms around her tightly, taking her aback.

"Thank you." Axel said to Natalia for saving his life. "Thought I was a goner."

Natalia patted his back and once they broke the hug, Natalia took a look at everyone's disheveled selves and couldn't help but snort, letting out a series of laughter.

The three men looked at each other before joining her in laughter- truth be told, Natalia believed that they weren't going to make it back to the prison. Being surrounded by those Walkers and having them that close when their cover was blown, Natalia couldn't explain how they made it alive. Natalia said that it was a miracle while Axel believed that Natalia fought the hardest and her spirit of survival only rubbed off on them to fight harder for their lives and find a way out.

The night before reaching the Prison, Johnny and Natalia took watch while Axel and Tyreese took their rest. Natalia could feel a different change in Johnny that was rather awkward and unsettling. In fact, Natalia only realized that Johnny hasn't been talking to her so much lately; there were many times where the man actually tried to avoid her.

"Today was crazy, huh?" Natalia began awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck.

"Yup. It was." Johnny simply replied, fumbling with his shoe laces as he avoided her stare.

"It was great- how you managed to save the bottle of vitamins after Axel dropped it. Real smooth." Natalia gently bumped her shoulder against his playfully as the two were already sat next to each other.

"Mm-hmm."

"Something on your mind?" Natalia was irritated by his dry response.

"Nope."

"Come on- you haven't spoken to me in a while. You keep answering me with yup's and nope's."

Johnny turned to face her and before he could open his mouth, he shook his head. "Forget it. There's no point."