002. different ways of coping

Start from the beginning

Florence turned, grabbing the t-shirt Shayla was referring to. It was an oversized purple tee with taylor swift across the front of it. Florence inspected the tee before shrugging, moving off camera to get changed.

She put on her black mini skirt pairing it with the purple tee which she tucked in slightly at the front due to it being very oversized. She put her converse on before stepping back in front of the camera.

"What do you think?" Florence asked, doing a little spin for Shayla.

"Absolutely breathtaking." Shayla answered easily, a smile on her face.

"Thank you." Florence smiled before it dropped, the girl letting out a sigh.

"You okay?" Shayla wondered.

"I just—I'm not sure if going to this party is a good idea." Florence told her.

"Why?"

Florence sighed once again. "I don't know, I'm dreading it. I'm only going because Steven convinced me too, I don't actually wanna go."

"When was the last time you went to a party?" Shayla questioned.

"Probably... Liam's party last summer." Florence replied.

"You haven't been to a party in a year?" Shayla's voice conveyed the same amount of shock that was displayed on her face.

"I've been busy." Florence explained.

"Daisy never dragged you to a party this year?" Shayla was still in shock.

"She tried, I never wanted to go." Florence shrugged.

"What were doing instead?" Shayla asked.

"Studying, talking to Conrad, on the phone to you, writing songs, I had no time to party." Florence replied, not understanding why Shayla was making it such a big deal.

"Right." Shayla nodded slowly.

"I mean technically the last party I went to was prom and we both know how that ended." Florence made a face.

"Okay I get that." Shayla agreed, also making a face.

"Exactly." Florence sighed. "Do you understand why I don't wanna go to this party now?"

"Yes but you still have to go babe." Shayla stated.

"I know." Florence pouted. "But I really don't wanna."

"I know honey." Shayla nodded sympathetically.

Florence let out a groan. "Can you pretend I have some emerge—"

The door to Steven's bedroom suddenly swung open cutting Florence off. The girl jumped at the sudden sound, placing a hand over her heart as she turned to face Steven.

"My god Steven." Florence exclaimed with an eye roll.

"Hi." He smiled innocently at her. "Whatcha doing?"

"I was deciding on an outfit." Florence told him.

"Which is see you did." Steven commented looking her up and down. "Very nice."

"You can thank Shayla for that, she picked it." Florence stated, gesturing to her phone. She watched as his smile turned into a grimace at the sound of his ex-girlfriends name. He looked over to see Shayla's face on the phone, her own expression mirroring his. Florence let out a small laugh, picking her phone up. "I've got to go, I'll talk to you later."

"See ya Flo." Shayla smiled.

"Bye." Florence waved, hanging up the phone. She then sat down at Steven's desk, pulling her make-up from her bag and reapplying her mascara. She made eye contact with Steven through her small mirror. "You okay?"