Chapter Twelve

Lorie is waiting in the living room when they stumble their way back home. She widens her eyes as she sees them both soaked in water. Zayn excuses himself immediately. Harry flips his fringe deliberately, "We went swimming." He shrugs, patting off the mud on his shirt.

His mother is speechless at his completely different attitude, stuttering, "Harry, love, if you want me to-"

"You know-it's-whatever. I don't care anymore," says Harry with a placid voice. "It's all past so, there's no need to argue over that. It won't change anything anyway."

Lorie can hardly believe what she's heard. She looks up at her son (who is somehow covering his neck and collarbones in a weird position), with her eyes full of questions. "But-but-what I did was-"

"You're getting married." Harry cuts her words, "So just go fuck it u- I mean, go live it up with your life. It doesn't matter anymore."

"But it was your best friend's-"

"And it is your wedding day tomorrow." Harry shrugs again, grinning with an awkward smile, "It's your life. Live it." He hesitates at the end, and then adds another word in a soft tone. "Mom."

He is soon pulled into a tight grip, with his mother's face covered by as much water as his whole body is.