II

It is embedded in Blade's mind, the time he joined you on one of your early morning walks. The sun had not dawned yet, the sky tinted a greyish-blue, and the lanterns along the streets flickered a weak glow against the dense fog. He followed you, hands in his pockets in pursuit of warmth.

'Come on, Yingxing. Can't you be a little bit quicker?' you mischievously ask before him.

His breath hitches in his throat. Oh, why must you gesture to the person he long strayed from?

At that moment, he realizes that you somehow fathomed all he is. But you remain anonymous to him.

Nevertheless, there is one aspect he has noticed—your eyes.

Your eyes had a faint near but distant feeling to them, a sense of void, a peculiar sensation of incompleteness, of something hanging in the thick atmosphere, formless and of no touch. Like you were everything and nothing all along.

Blade silently penetrates the way your head turns towards the wide window, your soul lost in thoughts you will never spill.

He blinks, there is a bitter glisten in your eyes—akin to a sad swan weeping crescent tears.

He blinks again, and a commuter train passes along the nearby tracks. He grew accustomed to it—the way you'd stare out and a commuter train would pass at the exact time without fail.