Menace of The Manticore

Start from the beginning

Mayor Jones: Galloping gopher ponies, Fred. Don't get all girly on me. I asked you here because this Manticore problem may be my fault.

Y/N: Your fault?

Mayor Jones: I was looking around the Internet for something that might help the park when I found hauntedattractionsforsale.scared, advertising an ancient Persian temple haunted by a Manticore.

Daphne: Oh, come on. Who buys a temple on the Internet?

Mayor Jones looks at her.

Daphne: Sorry, sir.

Mayor Jones: It was a deal. I paid the owners of the temple in leftover Que Horiffico t-shirts, and they shipped the temple up here. Seemed like a good idea at the time to boost tourism, but now, it appears that a Manticore is actually eating tourists. What can I say? Buyer's remorse.

Fred: We'll do it! We'll fix this for you. I can't tell you what it means to me that you're actually asking for our help. This is going to be great, dad. We'll go on team stakeouts together. We'll build traps together.

Mayor Jones: Yeah. I won't be taking part in any of that.

Fred: Understood. But I know you'll be there in spirit.

They go to the attraction.

Fred: Let's wrap this one up neat and fast, gang. My dad's counting on us.

Wilson: We're running a special on our nefarious nachos.

Scooby and Shaggy run towards Wilson and her daughter, Hot Dog Water.

Scooby and Shaggy: Where?

They bump into them.

Shaggy: Sorry, mister. Which way did he say the nachos were?

Fred: Not now, Shaggy. We're here to solidify my relationship with my father.

Velma, Daphne, and Y/N look at Fred.

Fred: And save the amusement park.

Wilson: I'm afraid Creepy, Spooky Terrorland may be beyond saving. Oh, I'm the owner, Winslow Fleach, and this is my daughter.

Velma: Hot Dog Water.

Hot Dog Water: Hello, Velma.

Wilson: Hot Dog Water? Is that some sort of nickname, honey? Look, sometimes, I recycle the water we boil the park's hot dogs in for bathing, to save money, but, heh.

Hit Dog Water: It's okay, dad. We don't need to explain our ways. Besides, Velma and I are old friends from the science fair circuit.

Velma: Yeah. Sorry about beating you again this year.

Wilson: Well, it might be the last science fair you compete in, darling. With the park going under, I'll never be able to pay for college.

Y/N: It's that bad?

Hot Dog Water: I've constructed a detailed financial model, taking into account and they all say the same thing.

Wilson: Close the park, immediately.

Fred: Oh, no, no. Wait. Please. Can't you just hold off a little while and give us a chance to investigate?

Wilson: Well, I suppose I can't get any more broke. All right.

Scooby: Can we go investigate the nachos?

Fred: No. We're going to start where this all started... The temple.

They go to the temple and begin to investigate.

Shaggy: Like, we would have been better off investigating the nachos. You can learn a lot from artificially flavored cheese sauce.