She breaks the keyboard and brings out another one as she gets mail.

Velma: "Dear Mystery, Incorporated." Have you looked into the case of the missing sardine boat that disappeared off Dead Man's Point? I think it might have something to do with the haunted oil platform in the area. "Signed, Anonymous. " Jinkies, a mystery!

Velma calls the gang.

Velma: Hello, Daphne? Velma. Just got a tip on our web page. Apparently, a sardine boat disappeared. What? Well, I guess it can wait. Yes, I know you're in love with Y/N.

She hangs up.

Velma: Velma, I'm so in love.

Velma calls Shaggy.

Velma: Scooby? Velma. Put Shaggy on. Because you're almost impossible to understand on a phone. Shaggy? Velma. I've got a mystery for us. This boat disappeared. What do you mean you can't come? Dessert? But you can have jellied eyeball cobbler any- hello? Hello? He hung up on me! Velma calls Fred.

Velma: Fred, it's me, Velma. A boat disappeared. We should investigate. You're making traps?

She hangs up.

Velma: They don't want to help me? Fine, I'll do it myself.

Velma takes Daphne's dad's boat and goes into Dead Man's Point.

Velma: I hope Daphne doesn't mind me borrowing her family's expensive boat. Great, it's gonna be impossible to find any clues in this fog.

She then hears a female sing.

???: My song fills your heart. From the depths of the sea. Please listen and learn. All you can learn from me.

Velma: Uh, who's there?

???: A friend, Velma. How do you know my name?

???: I know much about you and Mystery, Incorporated. For example, I know you struggle with being smarter than everyone; Think that you have a neck waddle, which is why you always wear a turtleneck; Were dumped by your boyfriend for a dog-

Velma: Ok, you know me.

She then sees a mermaid.

Velma: A mermaid?

???: I am the source of the anonymous tip that brought you out here.

Velma: Merfolk have the Internet? Wait, what am I saying? This is biologically impossible.

???: Please, Velma. I have nowhere else to turn. I'm all alone. I think you can understand that. Crystal cove is in danger. They're coming for me. Run, Velma, or they'll get you, too!

Velma: Wait, I don't even know your name.

Amy: It's Amy. I'm a friend, Velma. You have to trust me!

She leaves as Velma goes back to start the engine as a Fish Freak climbs on board. She then sees the Fish Freak as the boat starts up and she speeds up and knocks the Fish Freak off board. The other Fish Freaks follow her as one climbs on top, and Velma makes a hard brake and knocks the Fresh Freak off the boat as the others catch up but Velma speeds off. The next morning, Velma told the gang what happened.

Daphne: A haunted oil platform, a missing sardine boat, Fish Freaks? That's really scary.

Scooby: Tell me about it.

Shaggy: Yeah. Like, if I wore boots, I'd be shaking in 'em.

Fred: Mr. E's usually the only one we get tips from. This could be some kind of trap.