Chapter 43

MILA

I had to slip away. That kiss was my first, but I wanted him in more ways than just kissing. He makes me wet instantly. But when we were kissing, the image of that girl he was with outside my apartment came to my mind.

"You okay, Mila?" Sapphire asked with a smirk.

"UM... yeah... that was..." I said. I couldn't form a sentence.

Sapphire laughs lightly in my head.

"Told you he wanted us," she said, but before I thought she was done being horny. "Imagine what his cock would taste like."

"Sapphire," I screeched.

I tried to calm down and headed over to the bed to find a big top in the middle of the bed that smelled of our mate. However, I found a note from Emily resting on it. "I thought you might need this, but you might not need it if Nate is with you," she added a wink face.

Why is everyone hell-bent on our mating?

Stupid mate bond!

"We should fuck him," Sapphire blurted out suddenly.

"You can stop, you horny wolf. I will decide when I'm ready," I said, slightly frustrated.

Sapphire says nothing, but I can sense a smile forming. "Mila, are you ready for our mate?" I can't help but block her before she continues with the rest of her sentence. I need to have a clear head.

I sighed, removed my clothes, and headed into the bathroom. I needed a long shower.

After the shower, I put on my panties and a T-shirt. Our mate's scent relaxes me, and I climb into bed. I need some sleep. Sleeping in the tree did nothing for me.

It wasn't long before sleep came, and I was in darkness, but I was soon thrown into dreamland.

I was walking through the forest. I headed towards a cliff I had been to many times but could see a man standing in the middle, staring out and overlooking the entire forest. His eyes were looking straight at the pack house. Suddenly, he shifts into this big, huge black wolf; I recognize it but am confused; where have I seen it? The wolf turns around and snarls at me, then I realize what wolf it is, the matted fur, the huge scar on its face, and the hideous yellow eyes. I turn to run, but I trip over something. The wolf is growling more, and it pounces toward me.

I screamed loudly.

His sharp canines inched closer to my face. I tried to hit the wolf, but I missed, and I screamed more.

Suddenly, I am upright in bed, sweating and hyperventilating. I'm even tangled in my bed sheets.

I looked around the room, but suddenly, the door burst open, and my mate ran in. "Mila, Mila, are you okay?"

I stare back at him, shaking, trying to figure out where I am.

"Mila, talk to me!" he shouts as he approaches me.

"Please, Nate, don't let him eat me," I whisper as I cry.

Nathaniel says nothing. The bed dips as he sits on the bed next to me. He places his arm around me and holds me to him. He says nothing and holds me while I sob. Nate runs his fingers through my hair. It helps, but his scent is helping me calm down more.

After a few moments like that, I move to look at him, and he stares back with a little smile on his face. "Thank you," I say quietly. He leans forward and kisses my forehead.

"You okay?" He asked. "What were you dreaming about?"

I looked at him and told him about the wolf.

"Who's the wolf? Do you know who it is?" He asked.