chapter 29

3 months later...

Today everybody on Moby were busy, like really busy.

Sabo was here with them and the reason was because today is 5th of may means luffy's birthday.

(I know it's not 5th of may but for the sake of the story let's assume that today is luffy's birthday)

the Moby Dick was docked at an island that had a town filled with shops in the grand line. It was on this day that Ace and Sabo were in a panic, thankful that Luffy was spending time with Marco, who had agreed to let him ride on his back.

"Everybody's been trying to prepare a surprise birthday party for him but,We haven't even been able to get him gifts which we planned to get using our treasure." Ace said, wringing his hands.

"You are right, I'm glad Marco decided to take on role of distracting luffy but what about the gift" sabo said, sadly.

Ace sighed, about to wring his hands but Sabo promptly slapped them.

"Stop that, you're stressed enough as it is." Sabo said sternly.

"B-but it needs to be perfect! Everything has to be perfect for our little brother, this is his, our little brother's birthday after all." Ace said.

"Bro-con." Thatch coughed, causing Ace to get pissed.

"Why you! I'm not a bro-con!" Ace yelled before slumping and attempting to wring his hands once more but yet again Sabo stopped him.

Seeing that Sabo was right and Ace was really stressed right now Thatch decided to speak up.

"I'll talk Marco into keeping an eye on Luffy for a bit longer, and we will handle the preparations while you guys get your gifts for him." Thatch said.

Sabo let out a relieved sigh.before picking up the pieces of paper and handing them to Thatch. Thatch looked questioningly at Sabo, as if asking what they were for.

"They're our ideas for the party, all we could really agree on was the cake and food. We weren't sure if there should be a theme." Sabo said.

"That's cause the only theme we could think of was pirates but that'd be rather pointless." Ace murmured.

It was true, they were living with the Whitebeard Pirates. So the theme itself was redundant because there was no way for it to be more 'pirate-y' unless they broke out the stereotypes. Which would cause Luffy to not be amused because for some reason Luffy hated those stereotypes. Personally, Ace blamed Shanks because the man had to have had something to do with that hatred. From what he heard from Luffy's stories and saw with his own eyes the man wasn't your typical pirate.

"Alright then, we'll see about getting everything together. You two go and get your presents." Thatch said, rolling up the paper.

They then made their way into town where the large amount of shops were located. They were looking around trying to find a place to start at when Sabo spotted a paper shop and wandered in, Ace curiously following after.

"Why are we in a paper store?" Ace asked, not really knowing why.

Sabo didn't answered him instead went towards the counter.

At the counter was a middle aged women. She looked at the boys curiously, wondering why they were here.

"Whatchya handsome boys in here for? You don't look like the type to need a large amount of paper." She said.

(Sabo and ace are 17 and this is luffy's 11th birthday )

"Ah, do you have Vivre Cards?" Sabo asked.

The woman was rather shocked at that question. Most people who hadn't been to the New World or at the very least Sabaody didn't know about Vivre Cards. And people in this part of grand line definately don't know about it.