ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴜʀʏ

Depuis le début

"The future does not care about your makeup." Cisco said, running to Dr. Wells side.

"Yeah, plus you don't need it." Y/N added, running with Cisco, pulling down his hood.

"Yep. You have a natural beauty." Barry finished, causing Caitlin to turn a faint pink.

"Okay. Big smiles." Barry said, holding up the phone. "Three, two, one." Just as the timer hit zero, Barry sped around to the four and posed in the photo, and ran back to catch the phone before it fell. "Ha."

"Does that count as a selfie?" Caitlin asked.

"Absolutely." Barry and Y/N said, simultaneously.

"Sick." Cisco said, looking at the photo. "Damn, I look good." Y/N chuckled, before turning to Caitlin.

"Anything else for tonight?" Y/N asked.

"Not to my knowledge. Why?" Caitlin asked. Y/N smiled.

"Barry just informed me that I have been approved to start interning at CCPD." Y/N said with a smile. Caitlin quickly embraced the boy.

"I'm so happy for you." Caitlin said as she pulled away. "Come on, let's get something to celebrate." Y/N nodded, following Caitlin out the lab.

(Timeskip)

Y/N was very excited when he first walked into CCPD. He was assigned his first ever job, interning Joe as a junior detective. Normally, someone would have to go through a buttload of training and have to have a lot of experience on the field, but both Joe and Barry were able to vouch for him, giving him a slight head start. However, this came with a lot more work. So he offered to help Barry with forensics'. Unfortunately, he picked one of the worst day to volunteer for it. As for his first assignment, was going to be taking place at none other than Doctor Wells' home.

He, Joe and Barry walked up to Wells' home and the doors opened automatically, revealing Wells himself. "Come in." Wells reversed and turned his wheelchair to make room to the three. "Look, Joe. I apologize for all of this. It really feels like a case of so much for so little. The police should not have been called." Wells stated. "I got a prank call before all this happened."

"This feels like more than just a prank, doctor." Joe said.

"Well, there are those who feel I did not suffer enough..." Wells patted his paralyzed legs. "for the particle-accelerator explosion last year, and some of them act on it." Just then, the doors opened once again, and Caitlin and Cisco ran in.

"Dr. Wells, are you okay?" Caitlin asked, rushing up to the group.

"Dr. Snow, I'm fine." Wells promised. "A little chilly. Otherwise, I'm fine. Hello, Cisco." Wells wheeled away. "Make yourselves at home as best you can. I'm gonna make a hotel reservation."

"This place is so sick." Cisco commented.

"Yeah." Barry agreed. "Hey, what took you guys so long?"

"We got lost." Cisco confessed.

"We've never been here before." Caitlin explained.

"Really, never?" Y/N asked.

"He tends to keep his private life private." Caitlin said. Y/N nodded, before following Barry to a large set of broken glass. Barry handed a pair of rubber gloves to Y/N and the two began using their speed to put the glass pane back together. Once done, the duo realized something off about the glass.

"There's no point of impact." Y/N realized. Barry looked up and saw Wells behind Y/N.

"No rock or bat... or any solid object went through these windows." Barry said. "It's as if they just shattered themselves."