"Rae I'm so sorry, I really need to go home, my dad- I don't know something happened to him. I really don't wanna leave you but I-" I interrupt her " STELLA just go, seriously, it's totally fine. I hope everything's okay". "Will you get home-" she starts but I stop her and demand her   "Yes, yes, you need to go!"  She leaves the meds on the side table and and vanishes behind the door. I know her dad has some disease and gets these attacks rarely. Everyone knows its curable and he's already on the way to healing but, Stella has always been fearful about him no matter what anyone tells. Oh I feel terrible. I wish I could be there with her. "Can't I go now?" I ask Aiden who has been watching the whole thing. "Unfortunately no, the doctor said not to let you leave till 2:30". God, I blacked out for like an hour. "How are you going to get home?" he asks like he's actually interested in knowing, but who am I to tell that. "I'll just call an Uber or something, my parents are out of the city", I answer. "I can drive you home", he adds like he didn't just loathe me a few days ago. What's going on with him. Seriously. "Uh no its fi-" I'm interrupted by him saying "No I insist, take it as a- well- a sorry gift for almost smashing your brain organs on behalf of me." He smiles. A genuine freaking smile. At me. God I'm too tempted to take his request now. 

20 minutes later, we're taking off in his car towards my house. The headache reduced a lot after taking the meds and I'm feeling better gradually. I text Stella on how's everything and stare out the window. I'm normally a silent person anyway, but this silence with Aiden is prickling my skin. "So, how's your preparation for the mock test?" I ask not being able the bear the silence anymore. "Ah well fine, would've been better if I gave more time to it." I can't help but be curious. "Why can't you give time then?" I ask and regret it to death, what if its's his personal business? "I volunteer at a children's hospital."  W.h.a.t. Seeing my surprised expression, he chuckles. "I know. It's not easy coming out to the fact that the guy who you thought was a jerk the whole time actually does something decent." Okay now I feel guilty as fuck. "Well, you did some messed up shit as well." I fight back. "Fair enough", he acknowledges. ACKNOWLEDGES. He is capable of accepting his flaws? Never knew. 

- " The hospital is quite busy nowadays. So, I spend most of my time there." he starts.

- "May I ask what's-

-" They have cancer." he blurts out like he already knew my question. And he did.

God I'm lost for words on how bad I feel about those children. And he works with them? That's.. really nice and sad as well. "Stop trying to feel sad for me Skylar." he sighs. My phone rings with a notification. Stella. But oh, it's Jessica. I tap on her message and I jolt right back to my seat at the remainder. 

Jessica: Hey,  how's the concert going? 

Fuck. The concert. Me and Stella had the plan to go attend it after the game, but God had other plans I see. I practically begged Stella to come with me because she had no idea who they were and I - I possibly can't miss this. I basically grew up with this band and- they have such a huge part in my life. It's like a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. God knows when and 'if' I'll ever get to meet them. I glance at my watch. I can still go. 10 minutes left till it begins. There's no time to think. I take up all the courage in my body and with the sweetest voice I could find, I tell him about the concert. 

"Are you asking me out on a date?" he says with a smirk. Out of everything I expected him to say honestly, this has never crossed my mind till now. "In your dreams. Now. Aiden. I.Need.To.Go. Seriously." 

"What did you say? The band? Sex after ciga-"

"Cigarettes after sex" I correct him with all the nice voice left in me.

It takes him decades to say the next thing, atleast that's what it feels like to me, and when he finally does, I'm so thrilled and astonished as well at how I just made Aiden Anderson, my sole rival, agree to attend a concert with me. 

We reach the venue just in time. I practically run up and take in two seats. It finally STARTS. I get all my childhood nostalgia back. And get the nostalgia of.. hard times too. 

I take a peak at Aiden with my corner eyes every now and then, and he seems to be enjoying it. I don't how, or when, but I start crying at one point which I don't even realize till Aiden points it out "Why are you crying?" 

"Shut up, they were a big part of my life." I say removing the tears. But they keep on coming and coming. And then out of nowhere, Aiden takes my face in his hands cupping them and says sarcastically " Seriously, Skylar stop crying. You look way worse than you look normally, and that's saying a lot." I glare at him, laugh and hit him on the shoulder. He even wipes off my tears looking at me with not hatred or rage, but affection? Ugh no I'm probably just being delusional.

 What is happening today. 

"You know, I'm not that much of an awful person." he starts. "Yes you are" I reply. 

"No I'm not". 

"Yes." 

"No." 

"yes." 

"No." I have to give up, he's just as stubborn as Stella. When did this night turn from crying to laughing for me? 

The band announces their last song and I gasp so loud that some people turn to look at me. It's my absolute favorite song, K. Aiden understands and then he puts his arms over my shoulder and we sway to the rhythm the whole song. And I cry, as I listen to these lyrics that I know by heart even after all these years.

"I remember when I first noticed that you liked me back, We were sitting down in a restaurant waiting for the check, We had made love earlier that day with no strings attached,But I could tell that something had changed how you looked at me then"

 "You know, I still find you annoying", he says in a quiet tone and I laugh whispering to him, "Then our feelings our mutual." He fixed something in me tonight. He may not know, but I do.

This will be one hell of a night to talk about.