Chapter 3 - The Restaurant Meet

Chapter 3: The Restaurant Meet

It was 6:38 p.m. and I was fabricating my clothes and ushanka for the time being. I groomed my hair slightly to look slightly presentable for my meeting with Atsushi Nakajima. My clothes were dry cleaned by Sigma, which just finished cooling down the heat of the clothes.                                     I was bewildered at how I was exhilarated by the meeting with Atsushi. But the one thing I was slightly wary about was Nikolai. Yesterday, he looked like he was staring daggers at me. But since I know Nikolai, it wasn't directed to me, well not explicitly to me anyway. I wondered what happened. Maybe he failed a mission? Probably. But now I can't worry about Nikolai I need to focus on Atsushi. 'He was so stunning yesterday when I looked him in the eyes I felt like all my sins were being washed away, such an elegant sight.' I thought. 

I then started wearing my casual Russian clothes and placed my ushanka on my head. I then put my cloak on which I didn't wear yesterday when I met Atsushi (I think lol).

When I finished cleaning myself up, I walked out of my room and Nikolai was standing right outside. 'How uncanny, he's been acting so uncanny since yesterday now that I think about it.' I thought as I looked at Nikolai for a few seconds. "Kolya? What do you need?" I asked making small talk so I could get a few answers from him.

Nikolai then looked enthusiastic again, as before he was just standing there idly. "Dos-kun! Well, no I was just wondering where y-you were going! You seem you're going somewhere fancy! Or are you gonna p-play cello again?" he asked. Nikolai seemed he was just trying to ignore something. 

I needed answers so I'd answer him and see any body language that I could determine anything wrong. "Kolya. Yes, I'm going somewhere fancy. Just a restaurant to initiate one of my plans, nothing 'too' special. Are you alright Nikolai? You seem upset, something on you're mind?" I answered and asked Nikolai as I needed to see what was going on. He knows he can't hide much from me and even if he does have secrets I found out sooner than he can reveal them.

Nikolai's posture looked slightly frozen when I spoke. I noted that down mentally. He also was pointing his index fingers together, slightly nervous, and he was stuttering a bit. There was something that Nikolai was hiding from me, just what is he hiding from me...?

Nikolai then turned solemn and spoke casually like he never looked perturbed at all. I guess I taught him to hide emotions pretty well or maybe he had a knack for it for a long time. "Well Fedya, that's cool! But no. I'm fine, feeling great even! I just had a tough mission that's all." Nikolai states trying to reassure me that he's fine. Yet, I knew he wasn't. I let it slide for now but I will attempt to find out soon.

"Okay then, I have to go Nikolai. See you later. Bye Nikolai." I said forgetting that I didn't say the nickname I gave him, I didn't say it twice. Yet, I didn't acknowledge it because Nikolai didn't say anything. Nikolai also said his salutations and I went downstairs and said bye to Sigma and Bram then I exited the DOA house. 

It was now 7:12 p.m. I was planning to go to a restaurant. I established I would eat at a restaurant with Nakaj- Atsushi. I made a reservation for a time, the closest one was at 7:28.                                  That was a perfect time since I hadn't texted Atsushi about it. After I made the reservation I walked out of the restaurant and pulled out my phone.

 I reckoned I already texted Atsushi before I made the reservation just sending a 'Hi.' I then saw in my messages that there was indeed a new message. It was Atsushi replying 'Hi!' back to me. I then texted him letting him know that the restaurant that we both agreed on going to had a reservation for us. Atsushi replied fairly quickly, 'Probably he was excited or nervous about this meeting.' I thought as I waited for his next rely.