Lily

I sit there and listen to him as he talks, and talks, and talks. I take sips of my coffee every few minutes and watch as he makes hand gestures to explain everything. And this is how our life is for the next two weeks. We take turns driving each other to Starbucks, some days we stay there if I have schoolwork to do. Bella, the cashier, gives me a jealous glare every single time, without fail, and I smile knowing that I have what she wants the most, Noah. We come over to each other's houses almost daily, we talk on the phone, and sometimes fall asleep on call. We laugh, we eat, and we do everything together. Sometimes I think about how I survived before meeting him. If I'm so dependent on him after only knowing him for barely 2 weeks, how have I lived 19 years on this earth without him?

Everything was normal until today. Christmas Eve. I walk up to his door and knock like I do every morning, he answers the door, I eat breakfast, he gets dressed, and everything goes along smoothly, until nighttime. He texts me telling me to get ready and to wear something that I would wear to a party. I look at my phone confused. He's taken me to many surprise places before, but he has never told me what to wear. I text back, okay. I walk to my closet and stare at my clothes, I extend my hand to pick out an outfit except I don't know what to wear to a party.