Chapter 2: Neighborly Meetings

After a while of thinking, you figured it would be fun to take a peek at the 5th floor before going to introduce yourself to Sal and anybody else. With the decision made, you went over to the elevator and went up to the 5th floor. When the doors opened, you stepped out and looked around; it looked worse in person than it did behind a screen...it also smelled rather moldy. With a sigh you looked down each end of the hall, shuttering a bit. Once you got more courage, you walked down to the door with a slanted plaque that read 504. Cautiously, even though you knew what would happen, you put a hand on the doorknob and turned it, before pushing the door open with a quiet creak. Stepping inside with a sigh, you looked around and saw how barren it was, except for the newspapers that were strewn across the floor where the creepy apparition of the homeless man appeared. Nothing happened, thank god, but you did hear a faint voice coming from the bathroom. You studied the door, seeing the faint image of child-like handprints on it, before putting a hand on the handle and opening the door, "H-Hello?" You asked, knowing that Megan resided there, but the voice didn't sound like that of a faint ghost girl.

    When you looked in the room, you were met with a boy who was slightly taller by a few inches, his blue hair up in pigtails, wearing a black sweater and a pair of burgundy ripped jeans. 'SAL?! THE Sal Fisher...!' you began to freak out mentally, before softly clearing your throat. However, before you could speak, he began to. "H-Hey–? I've...never seen you before.." he said softly, his voice sounding just like how it did in the Sally Face Fandub you used to watch on YouTube. "I'm uh...new, to the place. I think you're one of my neighbors? My family and I moved into 404." You explained, rubbing your neck nervously. It was weird standing here, talking to someone who you knew everything about their life...it was a little scary too, since the Addison Apartments Mass Murder he committed in Episode 4, that had the whole fandom in tears.

Sal's POV:

    I was talking to Megan in the bathroom of 504 since I had nothing better to do and I didn't know where Larry was. As Megan and I spoke, the door out in the main room opened and shut...I didn't pay any mind to it. It wasn't until the bathroom door opened that an unfamiliar voice said 'Hello?', scaring Megan away. I jumped a bit, staring at the person who stood in the doorframe. They cleared their throat but didn't speak up, so I decided to. "H-Hey–? I've...never seen you before.." I said softly, watching them as they spoke, mentioning how they just moved into...404? Right down the hall from Dad, Gizmo, and I. "Ah...we heard the news floating around that there were gonna be some new people soon. I'm Sal, but I tend to go by Sally Face a lot." I said to which they nodded. "You are?"

Y/N's Pov:

    I still couldn't believe this was all real now, it felt like a fever dream standing here on floor 5 of the Addison Apartments, talking to Sal Fisher himself. "It's nice to meet you! I'm y/n." You said with a small smile, "So...this floor seems extremely derelict...what are you doing up here on your own?" You asked, and Sal laughed a bit, sounding a little nervous. "Well...it's a long story, but since you're asking that question, the same goes for you." He said, and you already knew the 'long story'... 'Maybe I could play psychic with Sal and them...since I DO know what happens...' You thought it would be a cool idea—and funny to see their reactions to how you knew certain things. You're not going to info-dump the future on these guys, it would crush them (and most definitely) confuse the ever-living hell out of them. "I just wanted to look around, y'know? I didn't expect this floor to be so...out of shape. I wanted to go around and meet my neighbors so I figured I'd go top to bottom," you said and stepped back in case Sal wanted to get out of the dingy bathroom. He walked out with a nod before he shut the bathroom door behind himself. "Understandable. Why don't we get off this crappy floor and I take you around? I have a buddy in the basement named Larry, he'd probably like to meet you." Sal offered and walked over to the door to the apartment, opening it and gesturing for you to follow. "Thanks!" You said cheerfully, quickly following him out while muttering under your breath "Bye Megan...". "What?" Sal asked and looked over his shoulder at you, "Oh! Nothing, let's go! I can't wait to meet this Larry you mentioned." You said as the two of you walked to the elevator, and Sal pushed the button for the 4th floor, so he could introduce you to his dad and Gizmo and so he could meet your parents, Paxton and Moomoo. After that, he took you around each floor and introduced you to everyone telling you a bit about the apartments and what happened with Mrs. Sanderson and Charley...although you already knew. 'This must be between Episodes 1 and 2...' you thought as the elevator went down to the basement, so you could finally meet Larry.

945 Words ~ 12/15/23