Finally Home

Summer's P.O.V

We landed on berry island. The cave was still blocked. "You know how to work that drill, right Axel?" I asked him. He nodded. "Yup. There are a few things you can learn from staying with Magnus." Aggro and Cutter set the belzium drill in front of the cave entrance. "Let's hope this works." Burn said as Axel powered up the machine.

Winger's P.O.V

She loves me. The same way I love her. I must be so lucky! I mean, how?! Am I really that good? We walked in silence down the tunnel. A good silence, we were side by side. It was a few hours before we started to get anywhere. We wound up back at the three way fork. "Dark downward path it is then." Said Cynder. We had to be close to home now, right? The dark tunnel was noiseless, the only sound heard was the clicking of my claws and the patting of Cynder's feet. But it didn't lead anywhere. It just came to a dead end. "How? Now we have to find a different path in a different place!" I said. "Or maybe we go back and check if we can find the path we came in here through." Cynder said. "You mean the megablast island entrance?" I asked. She nodded. "Ok, guess we can try." I said. We backtracked all the way through the entire cave. It took a long time, about three hours. By the time we finally got to the blue crystal, we were whipped. "Hey... this is the crystal! We're almost there!" Cynder said. "You know what else happened at this crystal?" I asked her. She smiled, remembering. "This is the place you first called me beautiful." She said. "You know, if we do get out of here, that's the end of our adventure." I told her. "I have thought about that. It's been pretty fun, but honestly. Dangerous and stressful, but fun in a way." Cynder said. We walked on, making our way to where we thought the cave entrance was. As neared the place, Cynder suddenly stopped. "Do you hear that sound?" She asked. I listened for a minute. It sounded like someone was drilling into the wall. "This way." She said as she lead me down a tunnel. We came to a halt at a dead end. "Isn't this where we came in from?" I asked Cynder. She nodded. "And it sounds like someone or something is on the other side, trying to get in!" The drilling stopped. We could hear voices. They sounded familiar... "Burn? Burn is that you?" I yelled. The voice stopped talking.

Burn's P.O.V

"Burn? Burn is that you?" I thought I heard Winger's voice through the blocked cave entrance. I stopped talking to Summer and got closer. "Winger?" I yelled at the voice. "Burn!" It was definitely Winger. "Winger! Guys Winger is in here!" I yelled. Summer ran up next to me. "Is Cynder in there with you?" She asked. Then we heard l Cynder's voice. "I'm here!" She said. "Axel keep drilling!" Summer told him. He powered the drill back up and immediately started drilling. The wall was starting to crack. "We've almost got it!" I yelled. "Just a bit more!" Large chunks of stone came bursting out of the wall. Axel kept drilling, determined to free the trapped dragons. A medium sized hole appeared in the wall. "Guys! Can you climb through?" Summer yelled to the dragons over the sound of the drill. "We need it to be a bit bigger!" Cynder said. Aggro, Cutter and Burple starting blasting the wall, in hopes to make the process faster. In a few short minutes, there was a large hole. "Everyone! Hold your fire!" Summer yelled. Winger and Cynder came bursting out of the hole. "We made it!" Winger cheered. I ran up and hugged my friend. Summer did the same for Cynder. "Why would you guys sneak off like that in the first place?" Summer asked the dragons. "It's... a long story." Winger said. "We can tell you at the Roost. Let's get home, I'm starving." Aggro, Cutter and Burpl surrounded us in a group hug. Axel just stood to the side watching. "Yeah, you get over here too." Aggro said. Axel just looked confused. "She said you come join." I told him. He smiled and walked up to us. Burple nuzzled him. "Did Axel help you guys save us?" Cynder asked. "He sure did." Cutter confirmed. "Well tell him we said thanks." Winger said. "Cynder and Winger said thanks for saving them." Summer told Axel. He gave a thumbs up. "We should get back to the Roost." Winger said. "Alright then. Let's go!" I said, happy to have our friends back. Cynder and Winger smiled at each other, then took off into the sky. Axel rode Burple, Aggro and Cutter carrying the drill. We all took in the fresh spring air as we soared through the sky, heading back home.