Kidnapping

~Keiji POV~

At this point, all I know is that Smoky is a tough motherfucker.

He was getting fixed up by the doctor the Rude Boys had on hand, I had to call Lala much earlier.

It's just a matter of time before she sees Smoky like this.

Amamiya: Hey, is he a real doctor?

Takeshi: Don't worry, he's good.

Amamiya: Alrhough he's an alkie.

Doctor: That's none of your business.

Takeshi: Amamiya, why did you...

When Lala arrived, she saw Smoky, teared up, and ran towards him where he was lying down.

Lala: Smoky!

Seeing Lala almost in tears at the sight of Smoky being in pain was too much for me. I know for a fact that she loves him like an older brother, and to know how concerned she was about him is just heartbreaking.

I couldn't take it anymore and I walked outside, far away from the tent, just trying not to burst into tears.

Lala: Keiji! Keiji, are you alright?

When I looked at her, she immediately ran over and hugged me tightly.

Keiji: That should've been me.

Lala: What?

Keiji: I was fighting Hirai, but he slid under me and when he got behind me, Smoky pushed me out of the way and he took it on my behalf.

Lala kept the hug on me as I'm literally trying to process what just happened.

Keiji: He didn't have to do that. I should be the one on that bed, not him.

Lala: Don't blame yourself. I know that after lending a hand to Rude Boys so much, he'd return the favor to you, and he did. Don't you forget that, Keiji. You did everything you could for them, and it was his turn to pay you back.

Keiji: Right.

I didn't think she'd tell me this because I didn't know Smoky'd return the favor to me in the form of that. I definitely have to do something for him to show my gratitude.

Lala must've noticed my discomfort and hugged me once more, making me hug her back.

Lala: Don't feel guilty. It was out of your control.

Keiji: But Lala, I was the perfect target. I don't know what you don't get about that.

Lala: No, I do understand. You've done so much for us. It only makes sense to pay you back. Come on, let's sit down.

Keiji: Yeah. Right.

We sat down on the ground as I'm still trying to process what happened to Smoky and I do appreciate Lala sitting by me, with her arm wrapped around my shoulder.

Lala: Don't feel bad. He's gonna be fine. I promise.

Keiji: I hope so, but at this rate, he'll die.

Lala: I know, I've told him over and over, but he values family more than his life.

Keiji: What a brother.

Lala: We're not related though. We were just abandoned on the same day.

I chuckled a little bit, just because of how coincidental it was, but it became quiet after a bit until Lala had to speak up.