"Weight lifting, mostly." Skyler answers when I do.

"Our bodies."

Skyler raises his eyebrow at my answer from across the table. I can't be sure if he considers my answer good, or too much, so I'll leave it up to him.

"Mostly, we talked about weight lifting. We both kept using the same equipment and one thing led to another."

It hadn't been a coincidence that I kept going after every piece of equipment he used, or that I was nearby when his pants happened to snag. It was the beginning of many failed attempts to flirt with Skyler.

His tall and ripped body caught my eye right away. His intelligent eyes and calm, serious personality were intriguing. His complete lack of awareness of my flirtations annoyed me. At first, I started to think I was being politely rejected. I still wonder.

"When do you two date? Where do you go?" Lily presses on.

I watch Skyler's brow furrow. Mr. Never-Changes-His-Schedule didn't think about that, did he?

"My schedule is very flexible, Lily." I slide my hand across the table and place it over one of Skyler's. "We find a way to make the time. Don't we?"

Lily looks between Skyler, me and our joined hands, her mouth drooping in displeasure. "And where do you go, when you make the time?"

"The library." Skyler blurts out. I'm not sure, between Lily and myself, who is more surprised. I know I hide mine well but even Lily looks a little disappointed with her son.

"The library?"

"Yes, it's quiet and we can talk," Skyler answers earnestly.

"We also go out to eat and grab coffee," I add with a wide smile on my face. "Just like everyone else. But of course, I love our dates at the library."

Skyler nods along with my words.

"Let me see if I have this straight." Lily motions for the plates to be cleared, Skyler's being the only one close to done. "You two met at the gym, talked about the gym, and then you just started dating without knowing anything about each other?"

"Yes." We both answer together.

"I see." Lily folds her hands on the table in front of her. She turns to Skyler, taking her time to look at him a few seconds before saying, "Well, I'm going to have to forbid it."

Skyler tilts his head to the side. "You...forbid it?"

Lily nods brusquely. "I can't trust Mitch Wild and it doesn't seem like you two have much to go on anyway. It's better to stop here."

Skyler opens his mouth but nothing comes out.

"Lily," I snap, making her look at me. I bare my teeth in a tight grin. "Skyler's an adult. You can't just tell him not to date me."

"Don't butt in, I have to do what's best for Skyler." Lily dismisses me, leaving me the one that's gaping.

"Skyler," she reaches out and takes his hand in both of hers. "I think it's great that you're coming out, but you should consider the fact that Mitch lured you because you're my son. I have a lot of nice girls, no, people that I can help you meet. Now that I know you also like men, it means that there are even more options to choose from."

"...even more options to..." Skyler mumbles. His wide eyes seek me out, panic beginning to well as his mother has finally pricked through his composure.

My chair scrapes backwards against the floor. I walk around the table to stand beside Skyler. Reaching across him, I place my hand on his arm, above where his mother is still holding onto him. Lily's hands drop away. Looking him squarely in the eyes, I tell him, "Let's go, Skyler."