"Thank you." I speak genuinely.

Looking sharply at me, Lily lets me know, "I didn't do it for you."

"Well, of course, what's a few pictures of me online? But I have been worrying that Skyler would be inconvenienced." I throw a smile at Skyler who gives me a small nod, already eating heartily.

"Exactly." Lily forces out. I start eating as well, knowing I can relax a little after keeping up for the first round.

"Tell me again how you two know each other. I want to know more about it."

"I told you, Mother. We met at the gym."

"And you truly didn't know who he was?"

"How could I know who he was if I just met him?" Skyler answers with a straight face. He gestures to my plate. "This is good. Do you like it?"

"Mm-hmm. Delicious." I force myself to take a bite, the food tastes rather pale.

"Then you tell me, Mitch, how did you get acquainted with my son?"

I take a moment to swallow before answering "Skyler asked me to help him take his pants off."

Coughing follows as Lily tries to keep down the bite she just took. Skyler, too, has to cover his mouth and look away to compose himself. He said to keep it honest.

Skyler gets himself together and moves his mother's water glass closer within her reach. "The drawstring of my shorts got caught on a piece of equipment while I was lifting. Mitchel was nearby so I asked him to help me."

"Right, I helped him take his pants off a snag. Didn't I say that?" I watch Skyler cover his mouth again, this time hiding an amused smile.

Lily sips her water while contemplating her next move. Second round goes to me.

"Do you still claim you didn't know who Skyler was at the time?"

"I knew he was hot." I answer with a shrug and send a wink over at the man in question. Skyler continues eating without hesitation. His appetite must not be affected by the hostile atmosphere.

Lily's hands clench on the silverware but she persists. "Did you know he was my son? Or from Collins Hospitality?"

"Mother," Skyler interrupts, blinking at his mom. "Are you saying I'm not hot enough for an actor to hit on me?"

Lily's jaw clenches, too. "That's not what I meant."

"Oh, then you're thinking he seduced me because he's your enemy?"

"I don't have enemies, Skyler!" Lily erupts. She takes a deep, shaky breath. When she lets it out her serene facade falls back into place. I'll have to give Skyler props later for taking round three. "Of course Mitch isn't my enemy. He's an honored guest at many of the events I run."

No one in this room believes that.

"Thank you." I imbue my voice with as much sincerity as I can despite Lily's eyes piercing me like twin darts. "I always do feel quite honored." And often enraged.

"It's just that- I fail to see what Skyler gets out of being with you?"

"Mmm," I gaze over at Skyler while considering the question. Taking a drink, he meets my look squarely over the rim of his glass. My mouth curves coyly. "I think I can find some ways to reward him."

Skyler choking on his water almost drowns out his mother's outraged huff.

"What do you two talk about then?" Lily determinedly tries to maintain control of the conversation. "How did you two even grow close?"