Chapter 11-Winter Wonderland

The unregistered craft broke through Caranda's thick cloud cover descending to the wintery landscape below. Obi-Wan prepped for the landing uncomfortable with the frigid silence of his companion. A silence that had continued unimpeded for three days.

During the long flight from Coruscant, Cassandra Pierce continually sent him death stares, blaming him for her predicament.

Obi-Wan had become the unwitting target of her ire after delivering the news of the Chancellor's executive order commanding, she leave the Capitol for her safety.

She especially didn't like when he forced her to leave the Medical Facility before Anakin regained consciousness.

"Take your stupid decrees and shove them up your rigid ass, Obi-Wan!" She had screamed at him before stomping out of Anakin's hospital room, uncontrolled magic sparking from her fingertips. "Fuck you!"

Obi-Wan had let her go, unwilling to provoke her further. Cassandra's clear attachment to Anakin troubled him for more reasons than the violation of the Jedi Code. The girl came from a distant galaxy and would eventually return to her home world leaving Anakin behind.

His former apprentice cared too deeply for others. Obi-Wan was worried about the impact Cassandra would have on him if they became closer.

Obi-Wan glanced at his charge and regretted it when he encountered a pair of narrowed pale brown eyes.

Cassandra tapped one slender finger against the armrest of her seat watching him, lips pulled back in a silent snarl.

Her sour mood was infectious

Her sour mood was infectious. Obi-Wan was less than pleased with his assignment. Not because he bore the young woman any ill will. The Republic was embroiled in a very serious war, and he needed to be at the battlefront.

The Jedi had been assigned leadership of the clone army because of their combat experience all over the galaxy. They knew the various terrains and how best to navigate them.

In spite of Obi-Wan's misgivings he trusted Master Windu's decision. As Anakin's former master, he was the best to place on temporary assignment until Anakin recovered.

Through the lazily drifting snow, the Chancellor's holiday retreat came into view. He landed the craft behind the cabin turning off the controls.

"Come, my dear. Let us get settled." Obi-Wan said with forced cheerfulness.

The sorceress flounced from her seat. "I've always wanted to vacation in the hinterlands." She sneered.

Well. That went well.

Obi-Wan drew his hood over his head and picked up Cassandra's suitcase. She was young. He reminded himself. Young people were given to bouts of dramatics.

Obi-Wan descended the ramp behind Cassandra, her boots carving a path through the snow to the house. He'd give her time to cool off and see reason. The strategy always worked best with Anakin.