CHAPTER FOUR

As she fell, it felt as if everything was in slow motion

She screamed as something tore through her skin, expanding in size.

Her vision went dark as the ground became closer, but she never felt the impact.

She opened her eyes to see the ground was 2 inches away from her face. She looked to her side and saw two huge wings that looked bloody and bony. (like hyun-soo's monster arm, but in wing form)

She landed on her knees and hands and tried to stand up with the bony wings flapping with no control.

"Let me in Kang Ji-a." The voice whispered in her head as she saw multiple monsters charging at her.

Ji-a was drenched as it was raining, but for some unknown reason, the wings looked like they were on fire. They were cracking and sizzling with every movement she made.

"Let me help you." It sounded again.

Ji-a looked up at the sky with closed eyes and took in a deep breath. She lowered her head, a sinister smile on her face with black eyes, and her hands were conjuring fire.

Monsters came out from the ground, some big and some small. Ji-a charged at a very big one and used her momentum to push herself off of the ground and kicked the monster's head off, leaving a black and gold-ish slimy residue on the monster.

Everything she touched burned and melted into slimy black and gold-ish residue. Whatever was in her head was in control of her actions, and she was in control of her thoughts, so she wasn't gone.

As her wings cut through the rain, thrashing, she noticed that the monsters were all going to the same area as if they were hunting in big groups.

Somehow, the monsters saw her as a threat and started to race at her after she landed. But this was too easy for her.

Whatever was inside Ji-a's head didn't let any of the monsters touch her. Spikes came out of her wings like missiles that were on fire and killed the monsters instantly, but some were missed.

After a couple of minutes, she flew off to somewhere near the base away from the monsters and hid behind a demolished building as her wings started to retract back into her back.

Her t-shirt had gotten torn at the back from where the wings came out, and there was black slimy residue on her back.

Kang Ji-a walked to her spot on the rooftop where she had left her burned hoodie and backpack. She climbed with a bit of a struggle but made it to the top nonetheless.

She took her bag and pulled out a black short-sleeved baggy tee.

"Eww," She made a disgusted face as she took off her now ripped tee and used it to wipe the goo that was left on her back.

She pulled the black tee over her head and sighed, staring at the burned drenched blue hoodie. She reached for it and searched the pockets, pulling out the picture she had left in there.