Part 18

Eve's POV

"But wait... I have nothing to wear." I say as I look around at the guys.

"Oh. Don't worry about that baby. I got you an outfit when Oliver had his date with you. It wasn't planned for the club but it will work." Jasper said as he gets up and kisses my forehead.

"Thank you Jasper."  I say quietly as a soft blush forms on my cheeks.

"Don't mention it, baby.  You deserve the best."  He smiles down at me.

I really was a lucky woman.  These three men spoil me.  And that was a bit scary because I've worked my ass off for everything I have.  Yet these three men gave stuff to me for free. 

"So... when are we leaving?" I ask a bit curiously.

"Uh..." Maverick says as he looks at his phone to check the time.  "Well, it's still early but I'd rather get there before it gets all busy.  So maybe leave here in a few hours?"  He asks.

Everyone nods, agreeing to that plan.   But now I didn't know what I was going to do while we wait.

"Baby... since we have time, do you think you'd be able to help me?  I wrote some music but I just... I can't seem to find the right lyrics.  Could you possibly come help me?  Just let the words flow and I'll record it?" Jasper asks. 

"I don't know if I can be much help.  But I will surely try." I said happily as I get up from my seat and start walking up the stairs to his room.  I take a glance back and see all three of my men following me.  The other two wanted to hear too??

As I get to his room, I stop outside the door and wait.  Which catches Jasper off guard.  "Head on in.  You never have to wait for me to open the door or tell you to come in.  You are always welcome."

I do as I'm told and smile at him before walking over to his set up.  I sit on the stool and put on the pair of headphones before adjusting the microphone. 

"Just let me listen to it once and I should be able to get it." I say with a smile. 

The three men sit down and throw on headphones so they can hear.  Jasper nods and begins playing the song.  It was quite slow and soft at first and then the music picks up a bit.  As I listened, I focused on my emotions from the past.  The way my ex was.  How the world took away my father.  By the end of the song, I was ready.

"I got it." I say and Jasper nods once more before hitting record and playing the song again.

"You can't take my past
You can't take my history
You could take my pa
But his name's a mystery
Nothin' you can take from me was ever worth keepin'
Oh, nothin' you can take was ever worth keepin'

Can't take my charm
Can't take my humor
Can't take my wealth
'Cause it's just a rumor
Nothin' you can take was ever worth keepin'
No, nothin' you can take was ever worth keepin'

Thinkin' you're so fine
Thinkin' you could have mine
Thinkin' you're in control
Thinkin' you'll change me
Maybe rearrange me
Think again if that's your goal

Ooh

Can't take my sass
Can't take my talkin'
You can kiss my ass
Then keep on walkin'
Nothin' you can take was ever worth keepin'
Oh, nothin' you can take was evеr worth keepin'

Nothin' you can take from me is worth dirt
Take it, 'causе I'd give it free, it won't hurt
Nothin' you can take was ever worth keepin'
No, nothin' you can take was ever worth keepin'

Ooh
Eeh, eeh
Eeh
Ooh, mmm"

Once the song was over, I take off my headphones and look over at my men.  They all look shocked.  They knew I could sing but maybe didn't know how I could put so much emotion into it.

"That was amazing baby.  But how did you come up with something like that??" Jasper asks as he takes off his headphones.

I shrug a bit.  "I lost my father.  My ex was an asshole that was controlling.  I put my emotions into it.  Making every word say how I felt in those moments."

Maverick was the first to get up and walk over, pulling me into a tight hug.  I could tell he was angry but not with me.  Probably because I brought up how my ex was controlling.  "The only way we will ever control you is in a way you will like.  But you will still have all the power, babygirl."

Silence.  And the silence felt so long.  But the whole time it was silence, my thighs clenched together due to what he had said. 

After a while of Jasper fixing stuff up, he asks if I want to hear the final piece.  I nod and he begins playing the song.  

Jasper is quite talented when it comes to making music.  It was something that made him happy but his happiness made me happy. 

After listening to the song, I hug him and tell him how it sounds amazing.  He smiled and hugged me back. 

"Go get ready, love." Oliver said.  "Knowing you, you will probably want to take a shower before going so go get that done, change, and do whatever else you like."

I nod and head out of the room and into the bathroom.  

My shower was longer than usual.  The hot water just felt so good as it ran down my soft skin.  Once done, I dry myself off and put lotion on, rubbing it in.  But then realization hit me that I forgot to get the dress from Jasper. 

A soft sigh leaves me as I wrap my towel around my body and step out.  My head is down as I walk but then I run into a hard body.  I slowly bring my head up and my eyes meet with Mavericks. 

"Doll, are you trying to tease us?" He asks in a husky tone. 

"Wh...uh... no... I... I forgot the dress Jasper got for me..." I say.  I was completely flustered. 

A soft chuckle leaves him as he pulls me to him.  He looked as if he was fighting something.  He pulls away. 

"I uh... I'll go get your dress." He says before quickly walking to Jasper's room. 

What was that about??